Choosing Between Phone and Computer for Internet Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Choosing Between Phone and Computer for Interent Power

Hi Patonb,

so you would use the phone with the computer, it would just be that the power of a connection would be coming from the phone as a hotspot? pretty cool. didn't think of that one! was thinking i would have to use the hdmi cable with the phone to display on a tv and use the phone as the actual internet, not just the connection coming from a hotspot. did i get that right? thanks!

Yup, you need a wifi computer though. I've used my phone and laptop like this, I do use the usb cord to keep my phone charged, but connect via my lapops wifi.

one more ques: i don't have a wifi computer, but i do have a router. that should work, though, right?

i actually get greater upload off my mobile connection than my cable

Yes I get greater upload speed. But how often do you upload something compared to how often you download? Let see to access this site you have to download far more than you have to upload. Your upload consists of the request for the page. The download consists of, well everything.

Plus they say they want use it for streaming. I can tell you right now that my AT&T service struggles to stream Netflix. That is using 4G speeds. It gets choppy and freezes. So for this user who wants to be able to stream from their phone to their TV and get a flawless experience, Mobile Networks is not the way to go. While uploading maybe faster, streaming is not going to be.

Sorry to pop the imagination bubble on this one. But for what the OP wants, Mobile networks will not cut it. You want the best you have to pay for it. Simple as that. Cutting corners will only cost you more in the long run.

and then theres the HDMI, so you can connect to a larger HDMI monitor with one of those midi cables? thats great.... i just doubt your phone can handle anything but a good photo :p

For basic email and browsing its just fine actually, It's a 800-> 1k up/down rate on my provider.

All I'm sauy is the op has his phone and plan already, so try it.

It is a wireless router.... so im out of a hotspot helping, or am i? I guess not.

Back to the original idea, so that wouldn't work either, or would it?

Basically, would anything work? I don't have this phone yet, so is it even worth getting this phone for the internet thought at all?

Thanks everybody! :)

nope. checking things out first! ;) wanting to use internet for emails, surfing, and perhaps streaming netflix to a tv, but really needing something with great speed and it would be nice for it to be under 60 bucks, and i am using it in the 28078 zip. So, it's hard to find that kind of internet service. hence the boost mobile i chose with this phone, which is one of two, maybe three cell phone service providers that work in 28078. it's tough to find anything really compatible.

But those are all the facts. Thought I could maybe figure out something, but I'm seeing it takes a good few people to figure out the flaws and positives. still trying to figure out the cheapest way of getting internet withOUT added cable costs. thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom