Cellphone Explodes In Man's Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg wow... but in reality, how many high explosive items do you have, sitting right there in your comfy computer chair? look around... this was an unfortunate incident, I think that Samsung and/or verizon *tho I agree with the thought that it's Samsung's responsibility* should take care of his medical bills, but I don't think they are truly responsible... if you are driving off-road and something causes your gas line to leak, and it leaks on your exhaust header, a fire ensues... is that the manufacturers fault for not foreseeing that rare event? are they really to be held responsible? some say yes, others no... bottomline, manufactures make their products, be it cell phones, cars, microwaves, etc, as safe as they can without going overboard safety-wise. it's not their responsibility to make their products 100% safe, this is an unrealistic expectation

lol your sotry is way diferent fro ma phone blowing up. yes your story is completely understandable but a phone exploding. to me in no case is the acceptable at all. looking onto the matter this has not been uncomon, a man has even died from is lg phone exploding, punctured his heart broke his ribs and spine... manufacturers should be doing research into why this is happening instead of saying meh its a rare ocurance lets just ignore it...

It happens because the charging circuit failed to prevent the charger from over loading the battery... It happens, and it is hard to prevent, most batteries used now in laptops/phones use batteries that can only be charged so much before being overloaded. One thing that causes a cell phone battery to malfunction, is it being dropped, a lot, an average person usually drops there phone quite often, that can cause internal damage of the battery. It then begins to vent if the cells short out, and then sometimes explodes, especially since the battery it self is in a SEALED container. A good warning sign, is a battery that is abnormally HOT.

I had a 360 controller battery pack overheat, then pop open, it didn't EXPLODE, but, it poped open, and scared the **** out of everyone at a lan party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom