Cell phone question...

Rockrz

Baseband Member
I have a Cubot phone (I know, not very popular or cool) that I use for business (talking only) and it came from the manufacturer with a built in app for recording phone calls (I can legally record my calls in the state where I live).

And, I'm currently with AT&T so the phone I have is 2G and will be dropped soon by the carrier since they are upgrading everything to 4G.

I'm looking for a phone that comes from the manufacturer with a built in app for recording phone calls... I know I could get an app somewhere and load it myself, BUT if I ever needed to restore the phone to factory settings (you know, when it starts skrewing up), then I'd have to re-load the call recording app.

I know it may not be that big of a deal to reload the app... but I'd rather find a phone that comes with a call recording app from the manufacturer if possible.

If anybody know of a SIM card based phone that comes with a call recording app pre-loaded... please let me know.
Thanks!

I am currently using an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE551kl) and it has built-in call recording. My main phone, an Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML), has it as well.

OK, thanks.

Those are pricey (I just use it for talking), but thanks for letting me know. If I cannot find a more reasonably priced phone I'll get back to this one.

I found one on eBay that is "Manufacturer Refurbished"... whatever that actually means for $65 so I'll give it a whirl and see how it works out.

Thanks for the tip!

I found one on eBay that is "Manufacturer Refurbished"... whatever that actually means for $65 so I'll give it a whirl and see how it works out.

Thanks for the tip!

Means somebody had it, had issues with it, sent it in for warranty, and the manufacturer repaired it so it works again.

When it comes to electronics, I've found that sometimes it means someone resets it to factory defaults, cleans it up real good and says it is "Manufacturer Refurbished".

I don't care on this deal because I paid for it using a credit card (not a debit card), so if it malfunctions within the first couple of months I can do a credit card charge back if need be for receiving a defective product although I would have to pay return shipping since my bank does require that the seller get their item back.

I like being able to shop where I have recourse if they sell me something defective. :cool:

When it comes to electronics, I've found that sometimes it means someone resets it to factory defaults, cleans it up real good and says it is "Manufacturer Refurbished".

I don't care on this deal because I paid for it using a credit card (not a debit card), so if it malfunctions within the first couple of months I can do a credit card charge back if need be for receiving a defective product although I would have to pay return shipping since my bank does require that the seller get their item back.

I like being able to shop where I have recourse if they sell me something defective. :cool:

Usually a good idea to go through the proper channels if your item is DOA or not functioning (i.e. filing a claim through eBay themselves), rather than just doing a charge-back right away.

I always give sellers the opportunity to make things right and I usually buy thru Pay Pal whenever possible... but, the charge back thru my bank is the ace up my sleeve if all else fails.

This was the primary reason I got a credit card to begin with to be able to have recourse in the event a seller screws me. It's a nice perk that allows me to buy from anyone online without having to worry about not being able to get a refund, especially when a seller posts "no refunds"

If they accept the payment by credit card, their no refund policy just went out the window cause they agreed to abide by banking industry regulations related to accepting credit card payments and that supersedes their policy of not giving refunds.

Apparently, the Asus Zenfone does not have a serviceable battery which is not going to work for me since I refuse to have a cell phone that I cannot change out the battery.

If anyone knows of a phone with a serviceable battery, please let me know[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]

Check out the Laser version of it. I am using one currently and it has a removable battery.

Back
Top Bottom