Cell Phone fried my telivision!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phones use microwaves not radio thats why u get static in speakers because the a minimalistic electronic current is created as microwaves travel through metal so its just electrical static. The only tvs which are recorded for being affected by mobile phone signals are the original plasma screens from 10+ years ago (bear in mind plasma tvs have been available for nearly 30 years its just only the super rich could afford them and they seemed pointless at the time. But even with these early plasma screens it was only very localised fluctuations where the mobile signal went through the screen. Try putting a grape in half under a cup in the microwave and you will get plasma forming in the glass but likely to explode your microwave. CRT screens blow occasionally it was probably a coincidence or ure screen was close to dying and the phone call sent a slight electrical surge which just sped up the death of the tv bt only likely to have made it blow right now rather then in about half and hour. So ure both right coincidence and possibly caused by the mobile.

Btw just a tip open the window and close the door into the rest of the house and after 30 mins the smell magically disappears

Matt

Infernicus said:
its to do with the radio waves, if you wear your head phone sna dyour phone goes off because of the waves interfering with the transfer of electrons etc etc

VERY unlike it was your phone though

and the aeroplane thing, everyones wrong

when in high altitude you phone signal will get scrambled, noticed how when you enter a new country you usualy get a txt and a new provider?

if you use your phone on a plane it wont know what or how to charge you

free calls, bad for business, easy way of anon calls

i.e. terrorist calls the CIA from a plan and god knows where it came from

this is theory only, some evidence, little fact =]

triva for you xD

You're definitely NOT right on your airplane theory.

KingAustin said:
You're definitely NOT right on your airplane theory.

haha yea, you have no proof and nor do i =]

IF it was true you reckon the goverment/phone companies would tell you?

i prefer to leave my mind open to all possibilities, sorry if i sound like a nut job =P

no matter how unprobable, its still possible

;] nothing is absolute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom