Cell Phone fried my telivision!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
i sure hope someone can at least explain what the **** just happened, my entire houes smells like fried electronics it suck!
ok so my cell was about a foot away from my tv i was playing my xbox, suddently my phone rings once then my tv screen goes blank it starts making this zing high pitch screaching noise and it wont do anything then this foul odor of fried electronics streams out of the tv, everything still smell so bad

ps this just happend 10mins ago

Question : what could have caused this the tv was so good too, perfect quality 26inch zeineth(spelled wrong probly).

thanks for any help

I am going to guess that it is a CRT tv, and hypothesize that it was just a matter of co-incidence.... How old is the TV, and do you have a warrenty on it still if it isn't too old?

samuraiwarrior said:
it has to be the phone its a cell phone they do that and it fried it cuz its not old at all

No, cell phones do not do that. It doesn't matter how old an electronic item is, they can go bad whenever they feel like it whether you like it or not. It was just a coincidence, a very unfortunate one for your tv and your viewing pleasures.

100% coincidence, it's got a lot to do with the electronic device age and usage, maybe you just really over used it.

I dunno boys, i use to notice if my cell phone was by my old crt computer monitor when it rang the monitor would get huge squiggle lines every time. And on planes and in hospitals you have to turn your phone off. I bet your phone did fry your tv. Really to anyone that thinks it is a coincidence, put your cell up to a monitor and call it, watch the screen. It does something to it.

FourTwenny said:
I dunno boys, i use to notice if my cell phone was by my old crt computer monitor when it rang the monitor would get huge squiggle lines every time. And on planes and in hospitals you have to turn your phone off. I bet your phone did fry your tv. Really to anyone that thinks it is a coincidence, put your cell up to a monitor and call it, watch the screen. It does something to it.

Your crt monitor probably did that because of some magnetic device in your phone, btw I just tried it on an old computer in our house and it didn't do it. You can have cell phones on in hospitals, just not in the ICU. The only reason they don't allow them in the ICU and on planes is that even if the chances of a cell phone interfering with anything is 1 in a million, it's not worth the risk.

His cell phone did not fry his tv.

come on....i was playing splinter cell(bouble agent) on the xbox and my dad call when it was like 2 inches from the speakers, it rang and the screen went wavey for about 2 secs then zing!! it went black and made a high pitch squeel, also it smelled burny.
electromagnetic buildup and the discharging abilities of the cell signal discharged in the tv.

Ya, no. You're just making sh1t up right now. One thing is, if it had the ability to fry electronics, it would have gotten your xbox too. I guess you can also disregard the fact that if your cell phone had the ability to do it to the tv, it surely would have ruined itself too.

its to do with the radio waves, if you wear your head phone sna dyour phone goes off because of the waves interfering with the transfer of electrons etc etc

VERY unlike it was your phone though

and the aeroplane thing, everyones wrong

when in high altitude you phone signal will get scrambled, noticed how when you enter a new country you usualy get a txt and a new provider?

if you use your phone on a plane it wont know what or how to charge you

free calls, bad for business, easy way of anon calls

i.e. terrorist calls the CIA from a plan and god knows where it came from

this is theory only, some evidence, little fact =]

triva for you xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom