Carrier IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% chance your phone most likely has Carrier IQ or similar. Most EVERY SINGLE carrier installs it on their phones, claiming reasons such as making networks more reliable and all this crap. Yet, a lot of them have the worst networks.

In the end, it's big brother, and they got caught IMO.

Not really, I mean think about how big a text document can be in terms of content, yet how small it is in terms of size. You could have thousands of lines of text and not exceed a few KB.

Apple's line about not recording any user keystrokes is the same one Carrier IQ spouted (which apparently holds true for all phones). BUT, as for whether that's just corporate b******t or actually true, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, simple text doesn't take much space.... Really a whole day worth of data in text format for where you are, txt messages, and so on in a txt file is only a few KB. They also most likely erase the data after so many months. The issue is coming down to, this system can be hacked, and some serious issues can come about since it records encrypted transfers...

EDIT: Soul, you beat me... Get on so I can curse you!

100% chance your phone most likely has Carrier IQ or similar. Most EVERY SINGLE carrier installs it on their phones, claiming reasons such as making networks more reliable and all this crap. Yet, a lot of them have the worst networks.

In the end, it's big brother, and they got caught IMO.

That is not 100% accurate. My Motorola Atrix 4G shows no signs of CarrierIQ or anything similar to it. The Samsung Captivate shows some CarrierIQ qualities, but it is like 5% of the total number of things that CarrierIQ actually does. This is on the Captivate 2.3.5 Gingerbread ROM that I just flashed to the device. There are multiple Apps on the market that I used to verify my information.

Voodoo CarrierIQ Spy
CarrierIQ Spy
Lookout CarrierIQ Scan
BitDefender CarrierIQ Finder

Those are just the 4 that I tried and verified my information with. So to say that there is a 100% chance that you have it or something similar, is not quite accurate. I have found that at least 4 devices on the AT&T network, 3 of which are Samsung (Said to be one of the biggest backers of CarrierIQ other than HTC), do not contain anything in regards to CarrierIQ. I have checked at least 4 HTC Devices and all of them have it. I have checked out the Samsung Epic 4G Touch on the Sprint network, the Galaxy II variant on Sprint, and that has it. But yet the SGII on AT&T did not.

So yes it is carrier related, but from my findings it is more Sprint and Verizon than AT&T or T-Mobile. Granted the 1 T-Mobile device I tested was not stock but flashed to a custom ROM as well.

Carrier IQ or similar

Every company has a way of tracking where your phone is, EVERY phone, they also see EVERY text you send, and all the data you send/receive. A lot may not be on your phones end, but will most certainly be on the end of the carrier.

So tell me what is similar on my devices. You want to make an absurd claim back it up. TrevE has already done the hard work for you finding CarrierIQ. So now since you claim that if there is no CarrierIQ that there is something similar prove it. Back up your talk.

This is like saying Windows is insecure cause it is created by Microsoft. It holds no truth at all to make such a statement when you have nothing but conspiracy theories to back up your claim.

Just holding the word similar does not make your statement true. All it does is prove the fact that you believe the conspiracy theories but can't be bothered to find the truth. I have done all the security checks on my phone that are available. I have done scans very similar to those shown by TrevE in his video showing what CarrierIQ does and I get nothing. So till you can backup your remarks with real proof and not some chase for Bigfoot cause you want everyone to be paranoid like you, don't say stuff that is not proven true.

Sigh, fine, if you don't wanna think that every time you connect to the internet via your carrier, or every message you send can't be logged on the carriers end while it's not being logged on your end, then you are in denial. -.-

BTW, guess what, a year ago, you would have said NOTHING like this existed (Carrier IQ), because you, and the masses don't yet know for sure what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom