camera battery suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
Well, I bought a canon powershot a530 on craigslist. got a good deal, despite it being just the camera, manual and sd card. I put in two regular alkaline batteries and as soon as I turn it on, it says the batteries are low. After searching around the net, i've found the consesus to be that alkaline die very quickly from digital camera use and that everyone suggests a rechargeable.

Here is the issue: there are a lot of different kinds of rechargeables and i can't make sense of it! Please, can someone suggest a good, reliable set that will last for a couple months? I am going on a study abroad from next week till end of december and I need batteries for this thing. Thanks!!

It takes AA rechargeables. How long a battery lasts is dependent on useage and time. No rechargeable battery lasts months even if it's not used.

Lithium = not rechargeable. They're like alkaline in the sense that they're a one-use type deal, but they last quite a while.

Ni-MH = Nickel Metalhydride. These are rechargeable, and what I have in my camera, and suggest to other people.

Tons of others, but the one that comes to mind is Ni-Cd = Nickel Cadmium. Seem to not last as long, and are better for low-drain devices.

The higher the Mah, the longer the battery will last. You can get good cheep batteries from hong kong shops on ebay with a high Mah (milli amp hours) rating for cheep, and you shouldn't get taxed.

Best of luck,
Oreo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom