camera for 100-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I don't really know where to post this lol so I figured this was close enough, my friend is looking for a new camera, he has 100-200 budget, and he wants something on the small side so he can put it in his pocket or what ever to carry it around. any help would be nice thanks

If he is willing to spend a little more, I highly recommend this camera:
Casio - EXILIM 10.1MP Digital Camera - Blue - EX-S10BE

It says 250 at bestbuy but it is $220 at Costco and it comes with 1 gb SD card so its the same as buying a $200 camera and card. It is very small and takes nice pictures and very good video. It is suprisingly clear on my TV (bear in mind its only 15 inch, I haven't tried it on any bigger ones because i'm too lazy :D) It also has a ton of features. One of my favorites is called smile detection. It will actually wait for the person to smile, and when he or she does, it will take the picture automatically. Its pretty cool. It also has a ton of different settings. Battery life is good. I took it to 4 events and used it a considerable amount and it stilled had battery left. If he wants to take it in his pocket, I suggest that you get one of those soft glasses case and cut it down to the length of the camera. It makes for a very small case that fits in your pocket extremely well.

Looks like you're looking for the Ultra-Compact model digital cameras. Most of the good ones are over $200 such as the new Samsung, Sony, and Kodak models. They're the only "big 3" that I know of that have features such as LCD Touchscreen Dual Image Stabilization, 720p HD ouput, Facial Recognition, and Smart mode.

Those are the features that are "hot" for 2008. Storage wise, you'll need a HCSD flash memory at best.

You can get the Kodak V1073 for $199 at Best Buy. Aim for that. It has all the features above and it's 10MP.

Casio, Canon and Nikon on the ones to stick with for small camera point and shoots.

Best of luck,
Oreo

I completely disagree. Sony and Kodak are two of the top cameras for ultra compact point and shoot at an excellent price. Quality and technology surpasses that of the Canon and Nikon in the ultra compact department. This thread is old anyways. I'm sure he's already made his choice by this time.

Kodak camears are usually fairly poor quality, using cheap lenses and image processors, etc. Sony does make a good one, though, and they use very ncie Carl Zeiss lenses on most of their cameras.

I would actually agree pretty strongly with Oreo, though. Casio Exilim's are one of my favorite slim point n shoot cameras. Incredibly easy to use, small, good quality and nice screens. I've sold literally hundreds of them and I've yet to hear a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom