Bluetooth radio pairing with iphone 5s

bailey09

Beta member
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, I know nothing about any of this. I recently bought a car that has a Pioneer Bluetooth radio in it and when I go to pair it up with my phone it asks for a passcode, is there a way to disable the passcode because I don't have any clue about what it is? the car is a 2005 and I assume that the radio would be the same I don't know if that matters or not. thanks if you are able to help

Usually there is a code generated just so the radio in the car can verify its not pairing with another nearby phone inadvertently. It might ask for a code and you can make one up or sometime it provides it but the code is only used for the pairing. You will never need the code again.

Most of the time BT devices, when asked for a passcode, uses a default/generic code. Usually it's just "0000" or "1234" or something like that. You can double check in your stereo's manual what the code is.

BlueTooth has a range of about 30 feet - so as long as it's within that 30ft range, it should be able to connect.

Back
Top Bottom