Blackberry Torch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the one with the slide up touch screen? I know several people that have it. Let me put it this way, if you like Blackberry's, you will love this phone. But if you are looking for something that you can advance with, go with an Android. Blackberry and the RIM OS they use is dead. There is even talks that Google will buy it. Blackberry's are great for business use, but so can every other phone. BB's dont have a great app support library. Nothing like Android or iOS.

Yeah my family is great for test driving types of phones :p My mom has a white iphone, one of my bros has a black iphone, my other bro has an android, and I have a piece of crap. My bros have stollen my upgrades for a while now... In 8 days I get another upgrade but I'm not sure what I want. I know I dont want an Iphone...

Go android, blackberry has fallen off significantly and as was mentioned is as good as dead now.

There's a lot to love about android. From a wide variety of devices that run the os covering all price and performance spectrums. As well as a very active communtiy offering a vast ability to customize your device.

Which carrier do you use, and what kind of price are you looking at? Perhaps we can give you some more specific suggestions.

Which carrier do you use, and what kind of price are you looking at? Perhaps we can give you some more specific suggestions.

I'm with AT&T, and don't really have a price range. The upgrade is a full one so no matter what phone I get, it will still be cheap and affordable :triumphant: However that'd be great if you could give me some specific examples.

What kind of specific examples and information are you looking for? I work at Walmart and do phone contracts all the time. Not to mention I have hacked my 2 phones to run custom versions of Android on them. Right now I have my Atrix running Dorian RedPill Hybrid which is a spin off of CyanogMod and my Samsung Captivate is running a custom build of Ice Cream Sandwich. The latest version of Android released by Google on the Nexus. I have run Eclair (Android 2.1), Froyo (Android 2.2), Gingerbread (Android 2.3), ICS (Android 4.0), Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. I have also messed with iPhones and iOS 4 and iOS 5. I have minimal experience with Blackberry and RIM. So if you give us an idea of what devices you are looking for information on we can be of better help.

Right now there are loads of Android devices out there for AT&T. To many to try and cover all at once. So if you could narrow it down to what type of device you want.

Do you want a physical keyboard? Do you want Dual Core or Single Core CPU? Do you want a qHD screen like the Atrix or a AMOLED like on the Samsung devices? Do you want TouchWiz which Samsung has, Sense from HTC or Blur from Motorola? Are you looking to root the device and install custom ROMS or just use it as is?

With phones now a days there is so many options that we need a bit more direction before we can start giving advice. There are just to many options when left wide open as you have it.

Right now there are loads of Android devices out there for AT&T. To many to try and cover all at once. So if you could narrow it down to what type of device you want.

Do you want a physical keyboard? Do you want Dual Core or Single Core CPU? Do you want a qHD screen like the Atrix or a AMOLED like on the Samsung devices? Do you want TouchWiz which Samsung has, Sense from HTC or Blur from Motorola? Are you looking to root the device and install custom ROMS or just use it as is?

I do like physical keyboards a little more than touch. I like the slide of the blackberry torch but that isn't necessary. Preferably dual core. qHD is awesome but if it doesnt fit a phone, that's all right. I'm probably just going to use the phone, unless it really is better to root or install custom ROMS on it

Well if you are looking for a physical keyboard there are very few options. The only one I know of right now is the Samsung Captivate Glide. It runs Android. Other than that there isnt any smart phone worth its weight that comes with a keyboard anymore. Those were used mainly with the messaging style phones and have fallen away due to the increase in touch screen accuracy. So right now your option is that.

It has AMOLED screen and not qHD. It is a Dual Core as well with Gingerbread installed on it. AFAIK, it isnt to hard to root or install custom ROMS on if you choose. I do know that you cant use the Samsung Captivate ROMS that I use. Different hardware in both devices.

Well if you are looking for a physical keyboard there are very few options. The only one I know of right now is the Samsung Captivate Glide. It runs Android. Other than that there isnt any smart phone worth its weight that comes with a keyboard anymore. Those were used mainly with the messaging style phones and have fallen away due to the increase in touch screen accuracy. So right now your option is that.

It has AMOLED screen and not qHD. It is a Dual Core as well with Gingerbread installed on it. AFAIK, it isnt to hard to root or install custom ROMS on if you choose. I do know that you cant use the Samsung Captivate ROMS that I use. Different hardware in both devices.

EDIT: I DECIDED ON A PHONE!!! The motorolla Atrix two (32 gig)... I get it in 8 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom