BlackBerry PlayBook In Stores April 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
BlackBerry - Press Releases

You can pre-order from BestBuy, Staples and Future Shop so far.
Shipping dates are interesting though. Staples says you can get it shipped at the end of March and Future Shop is saying after April 22.

Either way, IN STORE on April 19th for all 20,000 locations.

I don't think I'll be pre-ordering. I want to go into the store and play with it first. Hopefully there is demo unit up and running soon.

It would have been nice if the 16gig was say...$449, just to under cut the iPad2. Even though IMO the specs of the PB kicks its butt, the average consumer is going to see 9.7 inches vs 7 inches at the same price. Well, that's according to the ZOMG! HaRdCoRZZZZzz iz no itz all uber uzers tha r tha FIRST PRIME of Jobz @ EngaDGet

I'm looking forward to having a chance to play with one of of these in person. I don't really "need" a tablet but I'd still kind of like to have one and this was at the top of my list for a while.

The main thing that is making me reconsider getting a Playbook is the Galaxy Tab 8.9, it has a better quality screen with higher resolution and might even have a faster SoC if Exynos lives up to the hype and is used in the US market version.

^
Ya, especially with the built in microSD slot. I'm a little peeved that the PB doesn't have one and taking the same 16, 32, 64gig route as Apple.

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't NEED a tablet, but I am seriously debating it. I want something that I can sit in my chair at night, watch TV and use to surf. My laptop is to inconvenient with the cabling (have to use power cord, only get like 30 minutes on the battery these days) and doesn't sit right on the chair; my phone is good and all, but it's a phone and not meant for serious surfing. Not to mention I get directed to poopy mobile sites.

I think a tablet might fill that hole perfectly. If I get one, I wouldn't need to replace my 6 year old laptop. If I bought a new laptop instead, I'd still have to lug it around and use a mouse, and it still wouldn't sit right on my chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom