BlackBerry PlayBook running Android Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
Yup, a leaked version was snagged early this week and thrown up on the Interwebs.
No doubt it's a work in progress however we are finally seeing something.
Now from what I've gathered this is an actual running VM of Andriod. Not an emulator. Full blown Andriod 2.3.3
Gotta love the T.I. Cortex-A9.

I don't want to type anymore, so here's a vid i made. yea i suck, yea the phone sucks.
And yea, when i showed age of conquest i basically rotated the phone. bah!

*belch*
excuse me... It's Friday night, I've been drinking, sorry"
:tongue:

On topic: I thought that was already released. That's pretty interesting.. Does it run honeycomb apps or only the phone versions? or will it?

no it hasn't been released. RIM has annouced it and shown offical, live video on it --- which ran a heck of a lot better than the leaked version.
as far as i know it doesn't run honeycomb, it's always been a 2.3.x release. now since Andriod is "free" there would be no stopping RIM from updating the player to include honeycomb.

now i beleive that when the Andriod Player was annouced..ohhhh quite a while ago, Andriod 2.3.x was the "official" tablet version and honeycomb was wasn't even on the Xoom yet, which is why in my tiny little mind Android Player hasn't been released because RIM is attemping 3.x instead of 2.x.....once again that is only in my head and not for the Interent to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom