Blackberry Doesn't See Installed App

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggin_android

Beta member
My sister has a Blackberry Curve that previously had Google Maps installed. The other day the application disappeared from her phone, she tried downloading it again, but that did not make a difference. The downloads section on her phone doesn't show she ever downloaded it, and she can't locate the application on her phone.

Yesterday I tried to see if I can help her but didn't have any luck myself. Does anyone know what can be done to get the application back on her phone?

Here is what I tried:

1. I plugged her phone into the computer, opened Blackberry Desktop Manager and searched her applications that way, it showed that Google Maps was installed.
2. Since I had the option to, I uninstalled Google Maps, ran the software update she had for her phone, let the phone reboot.
3. After that, I went through and downloaded Google Maps again from the web browser on her phone, and the phone popped up a message that Google Maps successfully installed.
4. I then turned off the phone, took out the battery, and after putting it back in, turned on the phone again.
5. Checked the phone again, but the application was not there just like before, so really all of that did not make a difference.
6. I plugged the phone back into the computer, ran the desktop manager and checked to make sure everything was up to date, and again, the applications section says Google Maps is installed.

I have no idea where else to go with this. My only guesses are that there are compatibility issues going on with either the phone or Google Maps.

None of the applications are her phone are hidden, but it doesn't show up. I updated the Blackberry software because when the phone was plugged into the computer it asked to install the latest update, but honestly I don't remember anymore which version it updated to.

I have looked in applications before, but I will do a universal search and also check the OS on her phone. I think the OS is something within version 5, but next time I have access to her phone, I will play around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom