Best tablet to get wife for Christmas?

Since she has an Android phone, you should stick with an Android tablet. Many apps that were bought for the phone will also be installable on the tablet without paying a 2nd time. If you go with Apple, no current apps will transfer.

So I wound up going with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, from 2012. Yes I know it is not the most current and I will probably get flamed on here by everyone that has to have the most up-to-date system, but it seemed a step-up from the Samsung Tab 3.

I have been working with Best Buy. They ddi not have the Nexus 10 either. There was an IPad 2 for the same price as the Note. I thought since she has a Samsung phone, she maybe would go for the Note more, at least I hope. It certainly looks impressive. As long as it works reasonably well and makes her happy, that is what counts to me. I doubt she will comb over every feature. I am a little concerned about how things will look on the screen though, she likes to watch shows and will probably use the camera, some reviews have made it sound like the screen looks crappy. Hope that is not the case.

Since she has an Android phone, you should stick with an Android tablet. Many apps that were bought for the phone will also be installable on the tablet without paying a 2nd time. If you go with Apple, no current apps will transfer.

+1 its a hard/annoying changing ecosystems. but if your wife is just using it for basic web browsing it doesn't matter as much.

i still recommend the nexus 10. with the next generation coming out soon, its relatively cheap atm

Back
Top Bottom