Axon 7

Nukem

Where am I again?
I've searched the World Wide Wibble and not come up with anything useful.

Has anyone found a way to set individual text notifications (like any other normal android phone) for contacts on the Axon 7? Seems I can only set them for ringtones, not text msgs. :(

I tried Zedge and it only lets me set ringtone as well...

Put the tone(s) you want in the Notifications folder on the phone. I use Hangouts for SMS but it should work the same regardless. Open up a thread/conversation that you have with someone you want a custom tone for. Tap the three dots/hamburger to open up the context menu and choose Options. Under notification options you should have one that says Chat Message Sound or something like that, tap it. Up top choose the middle tab "Music" to see the tones you put in the Notification folder and then select the one you want. You will have to give your app permission to access your phone's storage to use the tones you put on it as I had to figure that one out the hard way.

Usually depends on the app you're using - are you using the stock app or a 3rd party app? Most of the 3rd party apps I've used allow you to set individual text notification tones.

Stock messenger right now and it still won't let me. I don't have options in the menu, so I might have to use a third party app. any suggestions besides hangouts. not too partial to it myself.

Stock messenger right now and it still won't let me. I don't have options in the menu, so I might have to use a third party app. any suggestions besides hangouts. not too partial to it myself.

No matter which you go with you will have to Settings > Apps > find the app and tap it > Permissions > Storage so it can access your notification tones.

I will be moving from Hangouts soon as Google is dropping SMS from it May 22 from what I have read today.

I use YAATA - lightweight, no in-app ads, and has the customizations I wanted (including auto-delete when # hits in the convo).

I use YAATA - lightweight, no in-app ads, and has the customizations I wanted (including auto-delete when # hits in the convo).

That one looks interesting. I am currently trying out Textra but will give that one a shake if this doesn't work out.

Was looking at textra... Reviews have stated a lot of things have changed for the negative. Of course I take that with a grain or 2 of salt... It is intuitive? In app adds? how good is customization?

Yaata I was thinking about as well... Thought I read somewhere about app adds, but if you say nay then I might try it out.

Thanks ya'll

Last edited:
Was looking at textra... Reviews have stated a lot of things have changed for the negative. Of course I take that with a grain or 2 of salt... It is intuitive? In app adds? how good is customization?

Yaata I was thinking about as well... Thought I read somewhere about app adds, but if you say nay then I might try it out.

Thanks ya'll

Just installed tonight so it will be a few before I can say for sure. It did at least pull all my convos from Hangouts.

Back
Top Bottom