Apple Patching Serious SMS Vulnerability on IPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Apple Patching Serious SMS Vulnerability on IPhone

Apple is trying to fix an iPhone flaw that allows an attacker to remotely install and run unsigned software code with root access to the phone. For example, malicious code could include commands to monitor the location of the phone using GPS or turn on the phone's microphone to eavesdrop on conversations.

The attack in question exploits a weakness in the way iPhones handle text messages received via SMS (Short Message Service), said security researcher Charlie Miller, during a presentation at the SyScan conference in Singapore on Thursday. He didn't provide a detailed description of the SMS vulnerability, citing an agreement with Apple.

Wow... Ironically I just watched Eagle Eye, which they do this...

Funny how many Security "issues" arise on highly popular devices.

Can only think how many holes are really in OSX, if someone was bothered enough to find out.

Well considering OSX is gaining more popularity...and they have been finding a lot of vulnerabilities lately... Its time will come.

Well considering OSX is gaining more popularity...and they have been finding a lot of vulnerabilities lately... Its time will come.

At least they are doing some thing about it, which is more than what I can say about windows mobile.

KC

My dad literally just got his HTC Touch HD last night with Windows Mobile and i have to say i'm very impressed and so is he, it's great. What's so bad about it ?

WinMo has plenty of problems, really. Mostly stability issues. It seems every new iteration has more features and more bugs. Some people will never notice them though.

Dad says it's fine, no problems. And he's no windows noob, he knows his stuff. If it was that bad, he would of noticed.

With one phone. With the HTC he got, there may be better hardware compatibility with the OS, which would be friggin' amazing.

But you have to realize I'm been working with mobile phones for years. I've seen multiple iterations of WinMo come and go, and I've seen all the problems the new versions have.

Trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about, and WinMo is a heaping pile of crap more times than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom