Apple lawsuit and the Galaxy S3

I think Japan or China ruled in favor of Samsung the last day or so. Strange how most countries are for the most part supporting Samsung, yet, only the States is 100% against them.

Well it isn't that I am for or against either really. I think it is all stupid to be honest. But the sad part is what I have stated above.

Apple isn't going for anyone else that has done the same thing. As I said I had a LG Vu that has the same shape and style, yet they are not touched. Only Samsung is and it is cause Samsung is the major thorn in the side of iPhone sales. Samsung Devices are selling more than Apple and that is why Apple went after Samsung and not HTC, Motorola, LG or any of the others that have the same style.

I mean walk into a local Walmart and look at their pre-paid phone selection. Any of them can be argued to be a copy cat of iPhones. Most of those devices are several years old just like some of the phones that Apple is looking to get banned. Such as the Captivate, Vibrant and other Galaxy S phones. They look very similar to the current ones available for sale on the pre-paid market.

Don't take my word for it. I am only stating what I see. It is sad that only 1 company is being singled out in all of this when it can be said of so many other phones and it is only cause that 1 company is a direct competitor. The others combined cant even put a scratch on iPhone sales.

Samsung stuff looks nothing like Apple's stuff. It's like saying all trance music is made by Pulsedriver and anyone that makes Trance music at all is copying off them.

Well it isn't that I am for or against either really. I think it is all stupid to be honest. But the sad part is what I have stated above.

Apple isn't going for anyone else that has done the same thing. As I said I had a LG Vu that has the same shape and style, yet they are not touched. Only Samsung is and it is cause Samsung is the major thorn in the side of iPhone sales. Samsung Devices are selling more than Apple and that is why Apple went after Samsung and not HTC, Motorola, LG or any of the others that have the same style.

I mean walk into a local Walmart and look at their pre-paid phone selection. Any of them can be argued to be a copy cat of iPhones. Most of those devices are several years old just like some of the phones that Apple is looking to get banned. Such as the Captivate, Vibrant and other Galaxy S phones. They look very similar to the current ones available for sale on the pre-paid market.

Don't take my word for it. I am only stating what I see. It is sad that only 1 company is being singled out in all of this when it can be said of so many other phones and it is only cause that 1 company is a direct competitor. The others combined cant even put a scratch on iPhone sales.

Moto, HTC, and a couple other manufacturers I believe were also being sued by Apple some time ago for infringing on their overly-vague patents. Samsung is just the latest.

Yes they were, but not to the point that Apple has gone after Samsung. Just found this:

Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note now targeted by Apple lawsuit | Android Central

Really? Trying to get them for the Slide to Unlock? You gotta be kidding me?!?

Word Completion? So where is the suit against SwiftKey, Thumb Keyboard, GOKeyboard and all the rest of them that also have word completion as well?

Sorry but this is just garbage. I would love to see this one succeed and the Note and GIII get banned. Good luck getting me to give up my Note. That wont happen Apple.

I think this image says it best...

2sa11rp.jpg

Slide to unlock has been around a lot longer than Apple as a company. I am waiting to see the lawsuit against WidgetLocker Lockscreen. As that not only has the Slide to Unlock but it also has a specific slider to mimic that of Apple's.

I am not trying to show that I have hate for Apple, but seriously when is it enough. Samsung is not the only phone with Slide to unlock. Even Microsoft Windows Phone has it. You slide the screen up to unlock the phone. My slide to unlock on my Note is nothing like that of the iPhone. I don't have 1 bar that I can use to unlock. I can touch anywhere and unlock from any place on my screen. How is that breaking a patent?

Ugh I give up. I am not reading about these suits anymore as they are nothing but a joke now and everyone will continue to say that I hate Apple just cause I think they are trying to obtain a monopoly but no one will admit to seeing that.

I think that Apple has a pretty good case when it comes to the Galaxy S, but IMO that's the only major phone that is even close to the iPhone in looks and the Galaxy S is an old phone now.

samsung_Galaxy_S-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

The US courts probably favor Apple over Samsung because Apple is a successful company that's based in the USA while Samsung is a foreign company.

The most annoying part with this thing between Samsung and Apple is that a lot of people tend to forget that both companies are involved in "shady" activities, not just one.

I think that Apple has a pretty good case when it comes to the Galaxy S, but IMO that's the only major phone that is even close to the iPhone in looks and the Galaxy S is an old phone now.

samsung_Galaxy_S-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

My opinion on this exactly. I think they had the right to sue for this, as it is almost a replica, especially with the UI there, but Apple have taken it way too far now.

I don't see how the Samsung is a replica of the iPhone in that picture, they are different enough from the front view to tell the different brands apart.

How the hell can you call a SHAPE a patent, or revolutionary product? Especially when that basic style has been around for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom