Angry @ iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir, clearly have not used an iPhone ;). I was never an apple liker, and i'm still not sure about them - but this phone is simply fantastic bar the occasional problem that you get with all phones.

I've used one.

It's nice, but uh... no thx. I'll continue using my razr.

I agree that you shouldn't get the iPhone unless you're going to use the data plan, believe me. Getting any PDA without a data plan is like walking without legs.

I agree that you shouldn't get the iPhone unless you're going to use the data plan, believe me. Getting any PDA without a data plan is like walking without legs.

Exactly. I fully agree. I am just trying to say that not everyone will. ;)

My bro in law would have one as well, if he could. Knowing him he also wouldnt use it for what it could be used for. Just one of those things being technologically challenged. :laughing:

Browsing web pages is a small fraction of the data usage from an iPhone though. It's stuff like downloading apps, emails, SMS,posting stuff to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, playing networked games, blah blah blah. I also did find some evidence that visual voicemail uses the data plan as well. You can see that all this usage, which is not available on a regular phone, would use much more data and justify a higher price. Worth $30? That's for the user to decide. Personally I don't mind it, just because I use it for everything, from business to fun stuff.

It's a "to each their own" situation, but like I said, not getting a data plan on a PDA of any sort just isn't a great idea.

Browsing web pages is a small fraction of the data usage from an iPhone though. It's stuff like downloading apps, emails, SMS,posting stuff to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, playing networked games, blah blah blah. I also did find some evidence that visual voicemail uses the data plan as well. You can see that all this usage, which is not available on a regular phone, would use much more data and justify a higher price. Worth $30? That's for the user to decide. Personally I don't mind it, just because I use it for everything, from business to fun stuff.

I can do everything you listed with my palm (expect youtube) and i pay $45 a month for my full plan + unlimited data.

I can even connect the phone to my laptop and use it as a modem, with close to 1.5mb dsl speed.

I can do everything you listed with my palm (expect youtube) and i pay $45 a month for my full plan + unlimited data.

I can even connect the phone to my laptop and use it as a modem, with close to 1.5mb dsl speed.
Wow. What carrier do you have? I'm guessing you have a military discount or something? That's a really amazing price for those features.

Well the UK is a rip off.

I paid £190 for the 32GB iPhone 3GS, and £45 a month for 500mins, 600texts, Unlimited data and WiFi, and premium phone insurance which covers just about anything.

But yeh, i love my iPhone. What i will say, is without the App Store - this phone would be nothing like as good. Some of the apps are so useful, one of my favourites is the bar code scanner, any book/film/game in a shop i can just scan it and get plenty of info and prices and reviews of it instantly. I even have an app to keep flies away when i go fishing (it works).

I would argue that it's not worth the money too. This is the best made and best working phone/pda i have ever held. It's excellently made, the O/S is finished, it is not buggy at all compared to every other phone on the market. There is never a single slow down, things work as they should and the interface is sublime.

He has the Palm Pre for Sprint I would assume. Boss has one and its an awesome phone. The only problem he has is the slide mechanism is kinda messed up now but it isnt much of a problem. I think theres even a youtube app you can download for it but the internet browser with youtube is just as good. Sprint also has the fastest data speeds out of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom