Android Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can set Text tones via CustomSMS. Emails can be set via Gmail and the Email apps i have. Ringtones for calls are set by the Contact area. I can also change the default notification for each as well as setup a custom one for each person. The benefit of CustomSMS, i dont have to use their program. I still use my normal text messaging app to send and receive messages. I dont have to disable the one already built in and use Handcent. That is the only reason why i suggest that app. It is only $1 to get for unlimited number of contacts. That isnt a bad price for such an app. Not trying to mock Handcent, i know a lot of people use it. Just saying customSMS already works with what you have.

The reason why I use Handcent over the default messaging app is for the themes. I do not like the GUI of the default app. If I could change that I would probably go back to using it. I haven't looked into actually changing the themes, or if it's possible, but if I knew it could, and knew how to change it. I would stop using Handcent.

Gingerbread on my phone is silky smooth :D There was the occasional stutter on 2.2.1, usually when pulling down the notifications bar, or scrolling down a long list of whatever (usually Apps), but that's all gone now. Apps now install quicker, too, and information like download progress is more informative, updating by the percent instead of jumping up every few seconds.

Anyway, I was waiting for this update before I started my review of my phone. Sunday is as good a day as any, I suppose ;)

Edit: Oops, I remembered to back up my apps and I assumed that the data would go along with it. Goodbye all my savegame data :(

I was surprised by how little it annoyed me actually - though the only two games I really cared about were score-based ones - Angry Birds, and The Impossible Game. The loss has spurned me on to achieve better though (I now have 100% on the first level of The Impossible Game, whereas before the loss I could only get 97%).

Gingerbread on my phone is silky smooth :D There was the occasional stutter on 2.2.1, usually when pulling down the notifications bar, or scrolling down a long list of whatever (usually Apps), but that's all gone now. Apps now install quicker, too, and information like download progress is more informative, updating by the percent instead of jumping up every few seconds.

Anyway, I was waiting for this update before I started my review of my phone. Sunday is as good a day as any, I suppose ;)

Edit: Oops, I remembered to back up my apps and I assumed that the data would go along with it. Goodbye all my savegame data :(

That's why you use Titanium Backup and select the Batch backup option that backs up apps + system data :p. Kept all my save data for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom