Android Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samsung Nexus S

I know, I was just boasting :D Well not really boasting, more just poking fun.

Well i could poke fun at the fact i could have Honeycomb. :p

But seriously thanks for the tip on the Gingerbread Keyboard. I like it much better than the Better Keyboard and sideloading it worked perfectly.

Sideloading?

Also, hurray for stealing PP's thread :p

Also, based on your mentioning of Lookout, I decided to give it a try. Looks pretty good; I'll use the trial, at least, and might get a premium sub seeing as they're only like, £15 for a year.

If I am not mistaken it will stay at 2.2 but you will lose some of the apps installed and have to reinstall them. You wont lose your personal data though like the pics you have and music.

Yeah Im not to worried about international. :p Im in the US as is Mguire. :lol:

The international version getting Gingerbread is still good for us as a lot of developers already have experience porting i9000 roms to the Captivate and Vibrant.

Sideloading?

Also, hurray for stealing PP's thread :p

Also, based on your mentioning of Lookout, I decided to give it a try. Looks pretty good; I'll use the trial, at least, and might get a premium sub seeing as they're only like, £15 for a year.

Sideloading is where you use your PC to load applications onto your phone or device that you cant install. Being on AT&T they lock down the device so that you cant install from anywhere but the Android Market. Using the Sideload Wonder i can load apps from Amazon and other sources onto my phone just as if i had downloaded them. It was cause of this i was able to get Angry Birds Rio from Amazon and Talking Tom Cat without having to pay for them since they have the App a day deal going. I download them, transfer teh apk to my PC and then use Sideload to install them onto my phone. It then uses them as if i had installed them on my phone directly. It is a nifty tool to learn to use.

Yeah we stole the thread, but he said we could. :lol:

How can I get the Gingerbread keyboard for my phone? I just got the Better Keyboard and I don't exactly like it but the newer keyboard that comes with 2.2 is to spaced out for my liking.

Edit: Nvm, I got it. SOOO much better.

I have T-Mobile and was able to grab it off the market. Also, a reboot fixed my USB icon problem so all is better in phone land for me!

Is anyone using Handcent for messaging? If so, do you know how to make it the default messaging app so I don't have to clear out my task bar icons twice (one for default app and Handcent).

I have T-Mobile and was able to grab it off the market. Also, a reboot fixed my USB icon problem so all is better in phone land for me!

Is anyone using Handcent for messaging? If so, do you know how to make it the default messaging app so I don't have to clear out my task bar icons twice (one for default app and Handcent).

I use Google Voice for all my messaging so this is just a guess but is there an option in the stock app to disable notifications for incoming texts?

Sideloading is where you use your PC to load applications onto your phone or device that you cant install.
Ah, right. I've done that before (like for the Gingerbread kb) but I didn't realise it had that name ;)

Google Voice and the Amazon App Store - two things I wish we had over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom