Android Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samsung Nexus S

Root isnt the same as using some of these other mods. A root jsut grants you super user access. You should be just fine doing an official update with a Root. But i wouldnt do an official update with any other type of mod.

So I guess it's a bad idea to put Gingerbread or Froyo on my phone right now? Got the Vibrant and just rooted.

It shouldn't be any more dangerous than any other ROM flash, if you follow the instructions and don't take shortcuts you shouldn't have any problems. The main problem is many phones don't have stable Gingerbread ROMs out yet.

This is referring to non official Gingerbread ROMs. At best it will be a month or two before you see an official gingerbread release for the Vibrant but It will likely take much longer than that.

Yea I know what rooting does. Was gonna try and find a Gingerbread rom but instead decided to do the official 2.2 update. Now the USB icon on the taskbar wont go away -.-

Do you have USB in Development Mode by chance?

Nope when I had 2.1 Debugging wouldn't have an icon. In 2.2 on my phone it has a little Android icon next to the USB icon. When I bring the bar down it says USB connected select to copy filed to/from your computer. When I hit clear it doesn't go away.

I should also mention I do not have any cables plugged in, and sorry for thread hijack.

If you wish i can split it. But yeah that sounds like a glitch. That shouldnt be there. I can say that knowing that it isnt there on my Atrix running Froyo. It only shows up when i connect my USB cord to my PC and goes away once i disconnect.

Sadly i think you might need to reset the device.

If you wish i can split it. But yeah that sounds like a glitch. That shouldnt be there. I can say that knowing that it isnt there on my Atrix running Froyo. It only shows up when i connect my USB cord to my PC and goes away once i disconnect.

Sadly i think you might need to reset the device.
Back to 2.1?

Samsung Galaxy phones are still on Eclair and not even yet on FroYo.
The international version is officially on FroYo, and we're meant to be getting Gingerbread within the next couple of weeks ('middle of April', at least), though it's still to be seen whether Samsung stick to that.

Back to 2.1?
If I am not mistaken it will stay at 2.2 but you will lose some of the apps installed and have to reinstall them. You wont lose your personal data though like the pics you have and music.
The international version is officially on FroYo, and we're meant to be getting Gingerbread within the next couple of weeks ('middle of April', at least), though it's still to be seen whether Samsung stick to that.
Yeah Im not to worried about international. :p Im in the US as is Mguire. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom