Android Driver

aimo3

In Runtime
I sucessfully installed PC Companian on a Win 7 PC for a Sony mobile phone, but the it did not work on XP.

In devmgmt.msc, Android shows within 'Other devices' with that yellow explanation mark. Neither Windows can find a driver in searching nor I was able to lacate a driver. I downloaded Android SDK kit, but did not find the path of the driver as I read in Sony website! I searched Google USB driver and Android driver but couldn't find something working.

Any one can help?

You are running at least service pack 2 on xp correct?

Where was the location and name of the driver supposed to be in winxp after install according to Sony's website?

The drivers come in a zip format. Did you go to the download location you put it and unzip the file.

You can go back to the page and see the file name if you are unsure where you downloaded it to and do a search.

If you mean the SDK, this path is not available in it. The path I have is C:\Documents and Settings\my-user-name\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\extras\android\... . Whereas the path mentioned on that page is ...\sdk\extras\Google.

I could not find the driver in the path which I have. I don't know why they make things that complicated? What should an SDK have to do with a simple istallation of a driver?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom