android based tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibexpiotr

In Runtime
im currently looking at the archos 70 and 101.
does anyone know any other ones withing the same price range (~200-300).
what are some you guys would recommend?

The Archos tablets have good specs but a lot of people seem apprehensive about them for one reason or another.

Personally I would wait until after CES to pick up an android tablet as dozens of them will likely be announced during the show.

Of the tablets currently available for less than $300 the nook color is my personal favorite. It's rather limited out of the box but if you are willing to get your hands dirty it has a lot of potential.

Just a warning but the only android tablet currently available with market access is the samsung galaxy tab. If you want a perfect out of the box experience it is the tablet to get. You can add the market to some of the other tablets but it's not officially supported so you have to do it yourself.

I agree with Puddle Jumper... CES tablets + Honeycomb OS. I'd wait :tongue:
And yeah, the Nook Color has been "jailbroken" to run apps. I think. :tongue:

Ya, CES is releasin' quite a few. Asus, Toshiba...I think Motorola.
I've played with the Nook Colour (only web surfin') and I was impressed with the loading times, but scrolling was jumpy...no pinch zoom either. Didn't realize it could be jailbroke though.

I've only read user reviews of the Archos and not to many people said good things about it. Mostly was wait for Honey...

I'd save that $300 for a while and get something in the $500 range.

I've played with the Nook Colour (only web surfin') and I was impressed with the loading times, but scrolling was jumpy...no pinch zoom either. Didn't realize it could be jailbroke though.

Yup, it's fairly easy to root the Color and it's supposed to have a pretty active modding community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom