Android app to use phone like keyboard and mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

colson1985

Baseband Member
Hey all

I just got an HTC incredible 2. I'm new to smartphones and apps. I have been searching for a program that will enable me to use my phone like a keyboard and mouse to control my media PC connected to my TV. I used Gmote which is great if you only want to search for media and play files. I wanted something I could literally control the mouse and have a keyboard when I was typing. I have a Bluetooth dongle on my computer so if I can utilize that somehow I would.

Any suggestions????

Did you have problems getting the PC client running or just getting it to work?

Usually if I have problems with it it's because I accidentally turned off the wifi on my phone and forgot to turn it back on so just check your connection settings.

The PC install was very strange. It was all zipped and I couldn't find an .exe to run. I found a batch file that did nothing (I think) lol

My girlfriend was there getting mad that I was trying to figure it out so I just gave up.

I can look at the files closer tonight but I'm pretty sure either I was trying to run the program wrong or it was the wrong file.

Was the PC install for you strange?

lol it's no install bud. :p

Just click on the Executable Jar File. It's named "RemoteDroidServer" just like the batch.

and BAM! This should pop up. Enter your IP into the phone app and you're good to go. (Leave the window open though.)
help-1.png

Just keep that folder somewhere safe so you can use it when you want to go remote.

If you have any problems make sure your Java is the latest.

When I run it I see a black command prompt box but it goes so fast I can't read what it says or does...

Yea. I look in my control panel and see Java 6. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Is there another java thing I need? This was the only program I found on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom