Android 2.3 lock screen notifications??`

Zekester2097

In Runtime
I own an old Galaxy, running Android 2.3. Is there some way I can view my notifications on the lock screen? I can't find a way to enable/add that.

Check out GoLocker. Several skins/themes for it that would give you basic notifications. One of my favorites was Dark Grunge.

I refuse to use any Go products these days due to how ad-infested they are (or eventually become). Used to use GoSMS...was getting really invasive ads frequently. Even with an ad-blocker.

I'm well aware that a lock screen from Google Play would solve the issue, but I was wanting to keep the original lock screen the phone came with. I wanted to have the notifications show on that particular one. Probably because I like the puzzle unlock too much, to replace it.

Well you can't do that. I don't think android 2.3 supports having notifications on the lock screen (my htc desire s didn't). You can try updating your android version.

I'm guessing android jellybean is the oldest android version that supports lock screen notifications. You can check for official updates or you can try flashing the phone with a rom that I don't fully recommend due to the risk of bricking your phone. You can try to get an official rom from the manufacturer's developer website or obtain a custom rom. If you want to flash your android phone (which is fully legal), do a lot of research beforehand.

On one of the Android 2.3 phones I own, I tried to update it to 4.0 a while back... After getting an error on every ZIP I tried, I just gave up.... But on the bright side, atleast I was able to update it from Android 2.1 (Eclair).

On one of the Android 2.3 phones I own, I tried to update it to 4.0 a while back... After getting an error on every ZIP I tried, I just gave up.... But on the bright side, atleast I was able to update it from Android 2.1 (Eclair).

lol ikr :p
Its so hard to flash an android phone, I kept on getting error messages too. I don't know how other people get it to work. I think your best bet it to give it to someone you know who can flash it and has done it before, preferably a friend who would do it for free and not a phone shop who would charge like $30+

I know you're broke and I'm in the same situation as you. I hardly ever spend my money and since the start of the year I gathered ~£100. I have a friend who saved around £2000 in 2 years!
I'm saving up for a rx 480/470 and a new 1080p monitor which is going to take ages. I have been using my ancient backup laptop for ages that cant even run minecraft :(

Back
Top Bottom