Add new e-mail account - Huawei Ascend P6

Erpelmama

Solid State Member
Hello!

I have the following problem:
I have several e-mail accounts and I wanted to add them to my mobile phone (Huawei Ascend P6) in order to receive and send mails when not at home. It worked with every e-mail address - except one: my main e-mail address.

Every time when I try to add it, I'm asked if this is a POP3 or an IMAP account. And I have no idea! Where do I know that from?

If I click on POP3 then, I'm asked to enter the POP3 server, the port and the security type. What shall I fill in there?

If I click on IMAP, I have the same problem. I'm asked for the IMAP server, the port, the security type and the IMAP path prefix.

I have no idea what to fill in these gaps and if I don't fill them in, it says "Couldn't open connection to server".

Can someone please help me? That would be great!

Anja

What are the email accounts? If, for example, you want to add a Hotmail account, I suggest you google "hotmail pop3 imap" and it should give you some relevant instructions.

It still doesn't work. Maybe because my e-mail address ends with outlook.es? And I still don't know what to fill in the "port" gap. :/

The link I posted should have the port info for you.

Can you set it up as an Exchange / Corporate / ActiveSync account rather than a POP or IMAP?

If so, then just use m.hotmail.com as the address.

No, I can only choose between POP3 and IMAP.
Forum

Forum

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-09-19-54-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-09-19-54-32.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
If I fill in the gaps like it's written in the link you sent me, it doesn't work...

If I fill them in, it looks like this:
Username: myname@outlook.es
Password: ***********
POP3 server: pop3.live.com
Port: 995
Security type: SSL or TLS
Detele e-mail from server: Never

And then it says that I could not be connected to the server.

Mind sharing how you ended up getting it to work? In case anybody else has a similar issue.

Back
Top Bottom