Acer Iconia A501

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
Hey, so my parents are thinking of getting me this tablet for Christmas, the only tablet I've ever used was my brother's iPad, and that was only for a bit. Any opinions on this tablet? Any other recommendations for tablets from AT&T since that is where I have my service through? Thanks for the help in advance.

If cost isn't an issue I would be tempted to go for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 for the better screen and slightly more compact size.

Okay so I just chatted with my mom and she said any of them are a go. I don't want the iPad because it just seems way too overpriced. So my choices are between the Acer Iconia A501 Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and HTC Jetstream Shimmering Silver. I will be reading some reviews on these, but any opinions will definitely help me out.

I have the Acer Iconia Tab A500, WiFi only, and I really like it. I especially like the larger screen, I wouldn't buy a different tablet because it was smaller. I would of bought a Samsumg Galaxy Tab 10.1 if it was priced as cheap as the Acer was (Acer was on sale).

I have the Acer Iconia Tab A500, WiFi only, and I really like it. I especially like the larger screen, I wouldn't buy a different tablet because it was smaller. I would of bought a Samsumg Galaxy Tab 10.1 if it was priced as cheap as the Acer was (Acer was on sale).

The Tab 8.9 isn't that much smaller though and it does have the same resolution screen as the Acer. I admit I haven't used one for a long period of time however when I compared them at best buy the Tab 8.9 felt much more comfortable to hold due to the fact that it was thinner and lighter.

The main advantage of the Tab is it has a Super PLS display that has much better color accuracy and superior viewing angles and contrast compared to the TN panel found in the Acer.

Honestly I would try to find a store like Best Bey that carries all of them so you can see which feels best to you.

I'm going to be reading some reviews on all of them tonight, and will hopefully make it to a store sometime this week to check them out. Thanks for the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom