50 +

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
Hello, i hope that you guys and girls can help me. when it comes to technology, i have much to learn. i need some sort of handheld device, that has many (50+) reminder alarms. i figure that that number is the aproximate amount of reminders i would use in a 1 month period. my normal memory has turned to mush, and i rather doubt its ever coming back. recently, i missed 3 doctors appontments, in a row. and with my health concerns, thats not good. i have an old, cheap, pre-paid cell phone, that could be replaced. but, i have no use for an expensive "do everything under the sun" type of device. they are to complicated, to expensive, and i can not see the screen well enough to use them. my desktop has a 27" screen. which is pretty clear. my 17" laptop i have to use glasses to see. and my eyes hurt after about 1/2 hour. there are so many hand held devices out there, and i have no clue what any of them do. so i am here hoping for some advice.

The easiest thing to do IMO is just find a used Android phone for cheap that you can leave un-activated, setup appointments under the GMail account you use on the Calendar app, and it will pop up reminders for you.

if the phone is not activated, how will i be able to get an app for it, and how will the phone be able to communicate to my g.mail account?

Over Wifi.

The calendar would Sync over wifi and save on the device and you'd still receive notifications. If you add the appointments to the calendar on the phone itself (the Calendar app should be on it by default anyway), then it wouldn't matter if you were connected to wifi or not.

Back
Top Bottom