2 Android Galaxy S problems/questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
My first question is, does anyone have a problem using SetCPU and Autokiller at the same time?

My problem is when I go to bed at night I put it on the charger and leave it on for my alarm. When I wake up my phone is laggy as Crysis 1 on Intel GMA. I have to reboot to make it quit being laggy and then it goes back to normal. I have taken Autokiller off and it does not do this anymore. Setback being, it gets sluggish sometimes even though I have nothing running. (No wifi, network data, bluetooth, gps, nothing....not even autorotate cause I'm a natzi.) It does this even when setting the preset to "normal" or "extreme" or anything.

My second question is, does anyone using this phone (T-Mobile specifically) have a problem with interference with the PC or other electronics in 3G mode? According to the coverage map I should have excellent or very good signal quality here at my house. I have full bars when I stand outside but when I'm in my PC room I have 2 bars or none. I cannot get texts or phone calls sometimes. With this problem, I have to use EDGE all the time and when I go into town switch to 3g manually which sometimes requires a reboot. When I'm in town I also have some 3g problems as in the internet is sometimes slow even though speedtest claims 3+MB connection speed. Are there any apps to help this?

My first question is, does anyone have a problem using SetCPU and Autokiller at the same time?

My problem is when I go to bed at night I put it on the charger and leave it on for my alarm. When I wake up my phone is laggy as Crysis 1 on Intel GMA. I have to reboot to make it quit being laggy and then it goes back to normal. I have taken Autokiller off and it does not do this anymore. Setback being, it gets sluggish sometimes even though I have nothing running. (No wifi, network data, bluetooth, gps, nothing....not even autorotate cause I'm a natzi.) It does this even when setting the preset to "normal" or "extreme" or anything.

Using auto-killers and task killers in general can cause more problems than solve them. Task killers aren't really necessary with Android platform.

And auto killers can drain your battery by keeping your CPU active if an app keeps trying to start and the autokiller ends it.

I would check out Spare Parts, and open the CPU history portion of it, and see what's using the CPU the most.

My second question is, does anyone using this phone (T-Mobile specifically) have a problem with interference with the PC or other electronics in 3G mode? According to the coverage map I should have excellent or very good signal quality here at my house. I have full bars when I stand outside but when I'm in my PC room I have 2 bars or none. I cannot get texts or phone calls sometimes. With this problem, I have to use EDGE all the time and when I go into town switch to 3g manually which sometimes requires a reboot. When I'm in town I also have some 3g problems as in the internet is sometimes slow even though speedtest claims 3+MB connection speed. Are there any apps to help this?
Are you rooted? If you are, then you might want to look into flashing a different radio. Check out XDA Developers forum and look in your phone's Development board to see if there's any other radios that you can flash.

I flashed a different radio for my Incredible, and I get a few dB better signal in areas; some people report better 3G speeds/GPS accuracy/battery life, but this all depends on the area you're in and requires some experimenting with different radios.

Agree with carnageX! Android doesn't need autokiller since it already does that by is own.

Can't help you with the another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom