Windows 8: My thoughts

PhantomGamer

Baseband Member
Windows 8 so far has been pretty fun to use. When you first boot it up, it takes you to your Start screen which will confuse the **** out of you if you had done no prior research because you wont have any idea how to get to a normal desktop! It looks very similar to the Xbox Live main screen because there are panels with different programs. I found it funny that the computer i bought with windows 8 on it came equipped with a trial version of Plants Vs. Zombies and a few xbox live games to play. Luckily with some exploring of my mouse i found the desktop which is in the top left corner. It's a very bizarre operating system and i definitely haven't seen an OS like it. But when you hit the desktop its pretty much exactly like windows 7 as far as the HUD goes. The stability isn't great and i randomly open and close windows sometimes in an effort to do some other task because the mouse-controls are very strange. Also i found that if i scroll up, the page goes down and scrolling down scrolls the page up, however i'm sure there's a way to reverse that.
IF i had to score the Operating system i'd say its a 6-7/10 in desperate need of some revising but still pretty cool and dynamic. I myself am not all that knowledgeable about W8 but i'd say its worth a try if you're looking for a change in your OS! If not, stick with your Windows 7 or anything but windows vista (;

I think Windows 8 is great! I was about to jump ship to Mac until it came out. It makes the whole OS more fluid and has a lot more features. I can't really understand why people are giving out about it. It's a huge step up from Windows 7. It works great on desktop systems. It's not just a tablet OS.

I think Windows 8 is great! I was about to jump ship to Mac until it came out. It makes the whole OS more fluid and has a lot more features. I can't really understand why people are giving out about it. It's a huge step up from Windows 7. It works great on desktop systems. It's not just a tablet OS.

We'd lynch you for betraying your PC...jk

I like XP the most tbh, then 7.

Or you could just use Linux. It looks better than OSX and it does more. Mint is a really good distribution for those who don't use Windows for video editing or real games. Mac computers just cost a lot and come in white.

Or you could just use Linux. It looks better than OSX and it does more. Mint is a really good distribution for those who don't use Windows for video editing or real games. Mac computers just cost a lot and come in white.

Yeah I know a lot of people with Linux. Seems pretty cool.

I've had such great success with using Windows 7 so, I think I'll wait until Windows 8.1 comes out. Or whatever strange nonsensical thing they decide to call it.

I like Windows 8. It's pretty quick and I like the new start screen actually. I just don't like the panes that appear/disappear on the side of the screens.

i can not say one way other the other with windows 8 because i have not done anything with it

Back
Top Bottom