Where do you think technology will take us next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke4470

Beta member
Just wondering....

Based upon current breakthroughs and developments in areas like robotics and nanotechnology, where do you think technology will take us next? Why?:big_smile:

Based upon current breakthroughs and developments in areas like robotics and nanotechnology

i'm not aware of the current breakthrough, do you know of a place where i can find more info?

robotics could be used for optimizing solar energy systems?

nanotech? is that like microchips? Solid State Drives?

Check out Ray Kurzweil. The author of "The singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology". He is a futurist, predicted the current reach of the internet when it was first conceived. He has an interesting opinion on the future of robotics and robotics and medicine. He was just on an HBO talk show last week/week before, maybe.

Very Fun, The Sci-Foo : The nature.com Science Foo Camp is happening soon Aug12-14 at the Googleplex in California: Home : Science Foo Camp This is a group effort, Sci Foo, Nature, Google, O'Reilly Emerging Technologies

Check out my personal hero: Janine Benyus. She is the main thrust behind BioMimicry: Janine Benyus shares nature's designs | Video on TED.com

Check out what Children are working on after being inspired by what these scientists are saying: Biomimicry Institute - Biomimicry Challenge Winners

The future looks uncertain until you get involved in it! What you find out when you look into this should blow your mind... if not, look harder.

Designer/Architect Michael Graves has a rockin' wheel chair... check this out: YouTube - ‪ibot balances on 2 wheels‬‏

Its safe to say, first designer/engineer/programming team to produce the Iron Main suit will be king.

Until then, we should be focused on enhanced satellite communication as the sun goes into a another quiet period. I think we get 40 - 70 years... what can we do with that? We will have less disruption on radio, electricity grids and a variety of electronic equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom