VOIP(Voice over internet protocol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryantingcl

Beta member
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is the communication technology of the future. Legacy technology carries voice signals over analog circuits and lines. Voice over IP converts the analog signal to digital and transports the signal to the receiver where it is converted back from digital to analog and the receiver hears the sender's voice. This provides a more efficient and economical means of communication.

I have know VOIP for quite a some time since i started online. Most of the time i use msn messeger or yahoo messeger to chat with my friends. Recently, I have try a new VOIP product from a US company, it calls Telextreme. Don't know u all have heard of it no.

With the package that i have sign up, i call call to my friend's cell phone or fixed phone with only USD59.95 a month with NO AIR-TIME LIMIT. It provides Crystal-Clear calling and to others countries as well like US(All 50 states), UK, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands and mores. To use this product, u need to have a broadband line to support it. Otherwise, u will wait a few second hear your friend's voice. If u interest in this product and would like to share my experince in this product, you can email me at bryantingcl@gmail.com

VOIP is still more expensive than normal phones...

and it takes up bandwidth in an internet gaming community...so it won't be popular w/ us.

and we dont' like marketing here.

it does take the bandwidth of the broadband but in my country "malaysia", calls like to handphone or others country is quite expensive.... so VOIP is no a bad choice at all to save the cost....

emeraldice said:
VOIP is still more expensive than normal phones...

and it takes up bandwidth in an internet gaming community...so it won't be popular w/ us.

and we dont' like marketing here.

Time Warner Cable

I get my VoIP for 39.99 a month. Unlimited Local and Long Distance calling. Regular phone service cannot compete with that.

Also if you get road runner too, you get a discount and you wont notice a bandwidth difference since you get like a 5.5mbit connection.

the package that i get is 59.95 per month and also unlimited call to local line and handphone and international up to 22 country. can i know which sevice provider u currently use...

I think VOIP is a great product but in reality it may not be great depending on latency.

Where ISPs are making money is by offering VOIP to their own subscribers because that way they can control QoS to ensure high voice quality.

Whereas if you go with a provider outside of your ISP latency and any packet loss will degrade the call quality.

I think ISPs will keep it this way regardless of any future TCP/IP standard that priortizes VOIP packets.

VOIP is a great idea and in practice great for some people but the downsides are call quality can be poor, if your ISP is down then you can't receive/make calls and actually long distance is often cheaper through a phone card or long distance plan.

The huge plus is for people moving overseas, you can make and receive calls back home without any kind of long distance charge although the issue with quality will likely crop up due to latency.

It's great, but 911 on it is bad. Apparently they cannot transfer you to the correct 911 operator with VoIP, so, as of right now anyway, you are screwed if you have VoIP and you need to dial 911 for some reason.

Him said:
It's great, but 911 on it is bad. Apparently they cannot transfer you to the correct 911 operator with VoIP, so, as of right now anyway, you are screwed if you have VoIP and you need to dial 911 for some reason.

Yes, good point I forgot to mention it! VoIP has many issues to be worked out before it becomes mainstream.

I think all the governments would have to make broadband availability an essential service for it to replace the phone line because what happens if you need 911 as Him said or worse, if your ISP is down for x hours/days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom