VisionTek 4670X2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
VisionTek Announces an ATI Radeon HD 4670 X2 Quad DVI Graphics Card - Legit Reviews

VisionTek today announced the North American launch of their HD4670X2 Quad DVI discrete video card, featuring dual graphics processors. The VisionTek HD4670X2 Quad card has two AMD based HD4670 GPUs and two Gigabytes of GDDR3 memory on board. The vast majority of PCs offer only one PCI Express X16 expansion slot for graphics card upgrades, which limits the options to drive four DVI monitors. The VisionTek HD4670X2 Quad card delivers a design to the mainstream for applications that require the maximum efficiency in a single card.

radeon_4670x2.jpg

at a ridiculous price of $300 (!), i see no point in this card. tests show that a 4670 xfire setup would be about on par (a little better on a few tests) with a 4850, which is like $200 cheaper...

Quite cool for the graphics/designer guys if they have 4 monitors but there has to be a cheaper way.

you mean like buying 2 5750's and running xfire... at a cost of 200$ lol. for 300 you could xfire 5770's and get way more performence then this offering. still only consumes 2 expansion slots and allows you to run 4 monitors with more graphical power then 2 4670's at the same price. the 5750 crossfire set up at 200$ prolly offers more graphical power then this 4670 card, is cheaper, and offers same monitor possibilities.

sometimes you just have to wonder what they are thinking when they make products like this...

You guys that keep saying this and that in xfire is better performance and cost wise, please, don't forget that the OP said it was for people who needed more than two monitors with only a single PCIe slot.

I actually think it have been out for awhile, but it is just now getting to the american market.

You guys that keep saying this and that in xfire is better performance and cost wise, please, don't forget that the OP said it was for people who needed more than two monitors with only a single PCIe slot.

I actually think it have been out for awhile, but it is just now getting to the american market.
yea but a simple xfire board isnt to costly, and yes it only consumes 1 pci-e slot but it is a dual slot card so it takes up 2 spaces. if you want 4 monitors there are plenty of cheaper and faster alternatives then this card. even at 200$ this would be kind of costly for what it is. 300$ is just plain rediculous

How about $130 for this card?

I just purchased my VisionTek 4670X2 from a "motivated seller" on eBay. It arrived yesterday and I installed it this morning. It works perfect and provides a big boost in graphics processing at a very reasonable price. Of course, I'm only running a single display for now, so I can run the card in "internal" Crossfire mode to use both GPUs.

I am running an Asus Z8NA-D6 which has only one PCIe-16 slot and no CrossFire support in the BIOS. I have 40GB of RAM, two Xeon e5530 CPUs, and two 1.5TB hard drives. And now this card, all running on a 650watt power supply. This machine runs 24/7 so I am going to put a big load on it immediately and run it as I did before. I use it for Boinc Distributed Computing and occasional MPEG-4 encoding, both of which can utilize the GPUs for computation.

Under my Win7 Ultimate X64, in Control Panel:System, there is a little performance measurement tool. It certainly isn't as accurate as a full application but it sure is handy. The Asus EAH5450 which I replaced provided an Aero performance metric of only 3.7 which was disappointing. This 4670X2 has bumped that number up to 6.9 for a near-double.
So, I guess my point is that I wouldn't necessarily under-rate this card just based on price alone. In the right system it can be a very effective solution.

n2n

TBH you would have been better off with a GTS 250 or similar. Less power consumption, faster, and does not rely on crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom