Upcoming Radeon HD 5870 6 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
AMD's HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Coming Next Month - With six mini DisplayPort connectors - Softpedia

AMD's latest DirectX 11 graphics cards will not be the latest anymore, once the company unleashes the ATI Radeon HD 5830 and the Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 edition. The company already offers the ATI Eyefinity technology on many of its HD 5xxx Series adapters but this upcoming HD 5870 model will be AMD's first card to sport support for six-display setups.

If recent rumors prove genuine, then AMD will launch its new graphics adapters around the same time NVIDIA plans to release its GTX 480 and GTX 470 cards. These two models will be NVIDIA's first adapters to support DirectX 11 and will be built on the next-generation CUDA architecture known as Fermi. It is not exactly surprising to see AMD trying to take away its rival's spotlight by releasing its first Eyefinity 6 card.

The ATI Radeon HD 5830, according to the report, will come next week. This means that this card will debut right before CeBIT 2010. As for the Eyefinity 6 edition, the HD 5870 will supposedly come out in March and will have the same specifications of the original HD 5870. The only differing features will be its 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM and the use of six mini DisplayPort connectors for video output, as opposed to the stock DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connectors.

The ATI Radeon HD 5830 will have 1,280 stream processors, 1GB of GDDR5 memory with a frequency of 4000 MHz and a graphics processing unit running at 750MHz. This graphics card will reportedly make its appearance just before CeBIT 2010, specifically next week, on February 25th. As far as the ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 edition is concerned, this product will make its official debut on March 11, just after the end of the show in Hannover, Germany.

Currently, there is no information on the prices of these two cards.

TechConnect Magazine - AMD Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition said to debut on March 11

AMD_Radeon_HD_5870_2GB_6DP_01.jpg

AMD_Radeon_HD_5870_2GB_6DP_03.jpg

Mini display ports? So I wonder if you have to buy Active adapters to power the other 4 monitors (assuming two to use for DVI) :(

Oops, I didn't realize that...

I'd like to see someone put 4 of these in crossifre, and with eyefinity have 24 HD projectors displaying a game or something... I'd bet it would bigger then an IMAX screen.

Well each port can do at least 1200p, so
(1920*1200)*24 = 55M pixels (the 24 monitors thing)
IMAX screens AFAIK are 4K by 2K res (not sure what exactly) which is 8M pixels.
So there's a big difference :p

that's just how many pixels.....doesn't really say how big the screen it, just the resolution

636 × 864 is the size of an IMAX screen.* This monitor (using 1920x1200 resolution like you said) is 17 x 22.*

So arrange them in a 4x6 block. 68x132 .....*

So no...in the end this is no where near the size of a "standard" imax screen :\

*All measurements are heightxwidth and in inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom