*Unverified* Fermi benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure as the performance goes up so will the price tag and with how things have been going i'm sure it'll still be behind ati in the price : performance ratio

Yeah I'm sure that will be how it turns out, as it did last year also...oh well, I'm just excited about the card to bring whatever it they bring to the table and see how it affects prices on ATi. I think it's great that Nvida is bringing their surround to the 200 series cards, that is a smart move and lucky for those already with a SLI setup or who are looking for a less expensive way to go 3 monitor besides eyefinity. COME ON ALREADY WITH THE RELEASES OF FERMI NVIDIA!!

Fudzilla - Nvidia works on second generation Fermi

To come in 2010

If all goes well, the second generation Fermi architecture should be coming in late 2010. Since Fermi is Nvidia's big transition that got delayed, it looks like Nvidia plans to have two new major generations in a single year. Traditionally the new chip comes in one year and roughly 12 months after the company is ready to launch faster version of the same chip, with more muscle.

We also learned that the mainstream Fermi won't be significantly delayed from the original plan and we hope to see GF100-based GT300 single-chip card in March of this year.

By November Nvidia should be ready to announce its new architecture, but this time we only know that Fermi is the first step in new architecture development that should stay with us for a few years. G92 foundations lasted almost three years and we expect that Fermi and future Fermi chips in next few years to feature the same fundamental design.

After all this is what ATI and Nvidia have been doing for quite some time now. If Nvidia doesn't push second generation Fermi to a later date, you should see these chips by Q4 2010.

^ So basically they are saying it's going to be another G80 deal, Sweet :D

But, then again, it's fudzilla. They are never very accurate.

But, then again, it's Nvidia. They are never very accurate. :p

They still haven't got Fermi out the door and are already talking up crap. Sorry but Nvidia has no street cred when it comes to releases and stuff.

They better own up or they are going to lose A TON of fan base. I can see nerd riots on the net in the future if that happens.

They better own up or they are going to lose A TON of fan base. I can see nerd riots on the net in the future if that happens.

Lol, that would be funny. But I highly doubt it. We are only a very small percentage of the worlds population, I doubt there is enough to cause any kind of a real riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom