*Unverified* Fermi benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically the guy said, "Hey look at our GPU, I'm not going to tell you squat about it but it's better than ATi! Why are we at CES? Dunno."

I'd say this is probably Nvidia's marketing, hyping the GF100 so that people wait to buy it instead of getting a 5870 or 5970. Only, Nvidia doesn't want it to look like it's coming from them.

I mean, I think the GF100 probably will be faster than a 5870. But not by a huge margin.

I mean, maybe they did get a figure of 46% - under specific circumstances and with specific software that favours them (you could probably find the same figure with a 4870 vs GTX 260 216 by cherrypicking your results). But it definitely wouldn't be a typical result.
Could be prototype chip benches, like that one phenom II AMD got to 6+ghz. Pretty sure normal retail chips can't even touch that.
Pretty much all retail Phenom II chips can hit 6+ GHZ. Just not on air or water cooling.

The demonstration was developed "in-house." In other words, "We coded it to work with this to show what we want it to show and nothing else."

Gotta love it.

And then it locked up. :p

Give us some real world benchmarks, both gaming and synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom