Unofficial Benchmarks of PII X6 1090T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
HEXUS.net - News :: AMD hexa-core Phenom II X6 1090T processor benchmarked : Page - 1/1

You know those hexa-core Phenom II processors AMD has in store? Well, it seems they've already filtered through to the Asian marketplace and Chinese users are doing exactly what you'd expect - benchmarking the **** out of them.

One such user of Chinese forum coolaler.com has his/her hands on AMD's top-of-the-range part - the 3.2GHz Phenom II X6 1090T, which hits 3.6GHz with Turbo CORE - and has been putting it through its paces on an MSI 790GX motherboard.

11bosp2.jpg

Whilst we can't comment on the authenticity of the benchmarks, they do state the obvious - AMD's six-core part flies when it comes to multi-threaded applications.

It's unlikely to pose a threat to Intel's all-conquering Core i7 line, of course, but with AMD's Phenom II X6 parts said to be priced from around £165, it's an entirely different ball game.

w1b5hx.jpg

For the complete spread of leaked benchmarks - including the likes of Cinebench, 3DMark and wPrime to name but a few - head over to coolaler.com.

Although yet to be officially confirmed by AMD, the first wave of hexa-core Phenom processors are believed to line up as detailed in the below table. Expect to see and hear more on the Phenom II X6 line in the coming weeks.

*More benchmarks found here.

Looks promising if it's true. Great performance for the price

I find it strange they left out the i7 920-930 from the chart though...seems like they'd have it on there considering how popular it is..actually, after looking the i5 isn't on there either

1090T is supposed to cost $299 USD so it would make sense to put it against the 920
Mind you people on XS seem to think the 1055T will compete against i7 920 and 1090T will compete against i7 950, so performance per dollar looks very good.

And these should clock the same if not better than Deneb; they are using low-K dielectrics with Thuban. So it's not exactly the same manufacturing tech as Deneb even though it's still 45nm.

Well for the 920 comparisons, look at the 965 and some other benches and see the percent of difference and subtract it from that score.

Just guesstimating I'd say thuban would be about the same, give or take a bit of the 920.

Well for the 920 comparisons, look at the 965 and some other benches and see the percent of difference and subtract it from that score.

Just guesstimating I'd say thuban would be about the same, give or take a bit of the 920.

Well that's my point of leaving out the 920 benchmark. I don't think very many people use those high end intel CPU's that much so for all we know they could fudge the numbers and since there are no mainstream ones (920/930, i5, etc) there is no way to compare. I dunno..there's just something fishy about this benchmark

You could look for scores other people have got with their i7's and compare.
But I'm pretty sure it has Nehalem Xeon's in the benchmark comparision.

The xeon's in the pic show them as 8 core.

What benchmark is this anyway? I've never seen it before.

Not trying to rag on AMD though. I mean for $300 this chip looks amazing. 6 cores with the ability to downclock some then overclock the others if needed, amazing price tag for the performance...good deal all around.

I'd just like to see it compared to a i7 920/930 considering that's the most popular intel chip out as of right now.

Oh yea apok, does AMD do tri-channel ddr3 now? I know the last gen of phenoms worked with dual-channel DDR3 but do any do tri-channel? Actually know that I think about it..don't some of the AM3 boards do it? Just curious lol...I have about 0 knowledge of AMD boards

The xeon's in the pic show them as 8 core.
It has an i7 extreme 965 in it (3333MHz), getting 30749 points.
The X6 at 3.2GHz (speed of the $299 USD 1090T) is nipping at its heels.

What benchmark is this anyway? I've never seen it before.
Cinebench; it's actually quite commonly used. though generally not for showing desktop performance.

Not trying to rag on AMD though. I mean for $300 this chip looks amazing. 6 cores with the ability to downclock some then overclock the others if needed, amazing price tag for the performance...good deal all around.

I'd just like to see it compared to a i7 920/930 considering that's the most popular intel chip out as of right now.

Oh yea apok, does AMD do tri-channel ddr3 now? I know the last gen of phenoms worked with dual-channel DDR3 but do any do tri-channel? Actually know that I think about it..don't some of the AM3 boards do it? Just curious lol...I have about 0 knowledge of AMD boards
No, it's dual channel.
Though you can run the memory controller in unganged (2 x individual 64-bit memory buses) or ganged (1 x 128-bit memory bus) mode. - unganged tends to give better performance. Each 64-bit memory controller can read/write independently of the other.

I have heard Bulldozer server chips will support quad channel. But I don't think a desktop chip will really have much if any benefit from quad or triple channel.
From what I've seen with socket 1366 i7's there's about a 2.5% difference between triple and dual channel; plus, there's the socket 1156 i7's which don't support triple channel at all.

Socket 1366 was originally designed to be a server socket wasn't it? (which is why Nehalem Xeon's use it)

Uhmm yea , I think that's how it went. They released it first and it was suppose to the be enthusiast/server side of things while 1156 was suppose to be the "mainstream" set of chips.

Besides triple making things faster, most boards that have triple channel also have more slots. I think it's getting to the point where 4gb is no longer the " Well, anything over Xgb is a waste " standard. I've seen it myself too in supreme commander where the game was crippled because of RAM (I have 6gb)..but that's also due to memory leaking issues so I guess this argument isn't 100% but I think the time of only having 4gb is coming to an end.

Is this a new architecture or is it just a 6 core version of the PII that already has 4 cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom