Thermaltake Frio CPU Air Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Thermaltake Frio CPU Air Cooler

We have the Thermaltake Frio CPU air cooler in house today for a few rounds of our patented testing process. While it can be a bit loud when both fans are going, this cooler handled everything our guys threw at it with ease. Hit the link for more details.

Thermaltake's new Frio CPU heatsink uses a traditional heatpipe and fin design all built under an eye-catching facade. It comes complete with not one but two 120mm fans that will give you up to 2500 RPMs each and is rated for dissipating 220w of heat which makes it good cooling for any CPU you can put on a desktop motherboard.

I am running this cooler right now, and have to say this
When both fans are running at a low setting, the machine is almost silent, still maintains an at rest 28c, when gaming and fans high, with all stock clocks, around 35c. my current ambient room temp is 65F, which is fairly steady. when both fans are running high, it is a bit loud, but that may also be partly due to the fact that my case is open. Each fan has a manual fan speed adjuster, I have mine routed oddly so it's hard to reach them. *temps recorded with CPUID Hardware Monitor*

ADDITIONAL
I just read the review on HardOCP... some people chastised me for getting the Frio, I'm really happy with it right now, and it appears that performance-wise it is still a top contender.

From what I previously read it performs about the same as a TRUE when both fans are set to High. But nobody is giving the TRUE or any other tower style heatsink the same treatment. How will the Frio compare to a TRUE or Megahalems when they have 2 fans attached? I may buy a Frio to test out in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom