Swiftech Unveils World's First Fully Integrated Pump & Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Swiftech Unveils World's First Fully Integrated Pump & Radiator

Swiftech® today announced the release of the MCR Drive™ series of heat exchangers, a totally new concept in the world of liquid cooling: the patent pending heat exchangers feature a unique radiator with a built-in pump and a reservoir. The MCR Drive™ concept constitutes the foundation for a simple, high-performance, yet versatile liquid cooling system where only CPU and/or Graphics waterblocks will need to be added; this provides a future-proof solution where users will only have to swap their waterblock whenever they upgrade to a new form factor.

"Integrated liquid cooling systems are not new, but none exist where the core cooling system combines radiator, pump and reservoir. If we look at competing products, many of the entry level liquid cooling kits which are now available to the public only provide incremental performance improvements compared to high-end heat pipe heatsinks because they only use a single 120mm radiator; they also offer limited compatibility and upgradeability with various CPU form factors, and most feature a hermetically closed loop thus disallowing the addition of graphics or chipset cooling in the loop. With this in mind, we believe that if users or system builders are to make the jump to liquid cooling, they might as well enjoy the full benefits of the added performance headroom afforded by the use of dual, triple or even quad radiators" said Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech's Chairman and CTA.

This could turn out good, but one concern would be that the pumps giving off heat so close to the radiator. But I like what I am seeing so far, it could turn out really nice and with that integrated reservoir ontop of some swiftech radiators you can have everything but the water blocks and tubes outside of a case! My 120.3 swiftech rad has a reservoir ontop of it and it works very good for bleeding.

Ah and I see in the article this will have the reservoir integrated. Maybe you should add that to the title of the thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom