SSD Prices Could be Cut in Half Due to New JMicron Flash Controller & 32nm NAND Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SSD Prices Could be Cut in Half Due to New JMicron Flash Controller & 32nm NAND F

All the new SSD's that are SLC are using indilinx controller now and have dumped the jmicron, this removes that nasty low write speed for small files. I guess this will just make the vertex and equivalent ssd's much cheaper.

Re: SSD Prices Could be Cut in Half Due to New JMicron Flash Controller & 32nm NAND F

I guess this will just make the vertex and equivalent ssd's much cheaper.
That's what I like to hear :). Would be cool to have one for the speed, but they are too expensive right now.

I wait for the time to come where we see I7s running in every machine with ssds inside and have it be soooo cheap xD

I wait for the time to come where we see I7s running in every machine with ssds inside and have it be soooo cheap xD

by then the software will be so bloated it wont matter. In 1993 you couldn't wait for everyone to have a pentium and a pci bus, look what good that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom