Shuttle X58. Big punch. Small package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Any of you have this or know someone who has it?

Newegg.com - Shuttle SX58H7 Intel X58 4 x 240Pin Barebone - Barebone Systems

500W PSU. Should be enough for just about anything. The 400W in the P35 can handle a 4890, so this thing should be able to handle higher end video cards for awhile. You have to wonder about heat though. Shuttle's are TINY, I can't imagine the heat that would buiild up from an i7 and 4800 or gtx 200.

You do pay a price premium of around $150-$200 for people who want an i7 rig in a MicroATX case. But this little thing is awesome.

I just read a thread over @ [H] about it.

I wonder if they'll release a WC loop for it. And if they did how much it would help. Good to see they changed the 12V connector issue. That was holding back people from using long video cards in it, you would have to mod the connector in the P35 version.

Hey guys, I registered here essentially just to post this because there is so little around available about this kit.

I decided (as anyone would right now) that an i7 was the way to go for my new pc, but I am totally sick of the server-level of noise coming from it (and imagine how it was before I switched from an 8800 GTS x 2 SLI setup to a GTX260 =P). I also hate how every few weeks it becomes a glorified table for a while; it just takes up so much freaking space on my desk, it's unavoidable.

I want all that space back, I want lower temps and power consumption, and I want something that I can easily lug around to game at other locations (I have big plans in this area to demonstrate how PC gaming owns console gaming at this stage!).

That's when I discovered how far SFF PCs have really come in recent years. It's amazing what you can fit into something just over a foot long at its longest point.

I will most likely be making my next pc with the SX58H7- a mid-to-enthusiast gaming rig. If you haven't, reallllly check out the Tom's Hardware review up there. He demonstrates how it can easily fit a 200-series card (even a GTX 295 :omg:), with about a half-inch to spare. One of the comments on that article says that it reads like an ad, and there's a degree of truth to that because the performance he gets is so rock solid and impressive considering the size/shape of the case that he can't help but just lay praise on the thing.

The benchmark setup he uses in that review is more or less exactly the rig I want to put together. If you guys are interested, I'm more than likely going to be doing this before the end of October, I'd be happy to post my experiences and pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom