Sapphire Pure Black x58 MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
Sapphire Pure Black X58 Review » Page 5 - Testing: Setup & Overclocking - Overclockers Club

No, you read the title right! Sapphire has jumped into the Intel based motherboard market with its Pure Black PB-CI7S41X58 motherboard. As AMD's largest partner, the motherboard offerings out of Sapphire's doors in the past had been strictly AMD based. Now, we have not one but two Intel boards that have been released with this X58 board and a P67-based board coming for Intel's Sandybridge lineup. While the Socket 1366 X58 platform is starting to age, the platform is still the Intel top-of-the-food-chain. Sapphire has been building their own video cards and motherboards for some time now and you can see some of the component selection being employed here on this "Pure Black" offering. One thing that stood out were the Sapphire branded Diamond Black chokes seen on the Sapphire VaporX line of video cards. You get all the X58 based goodies with updates that include a Bluetooth module, SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0 connectivity. If this board can can deliver performance and overclocking like the Sapphire high-end video cards then this board should prove itself to be a serious contender. Let's see how it measures up against some of the higher-end boards out right now.

1.jpg

8.jpg

1x denotes the capability of using 1x cards without looking funny sitting in a 16x slot. I don't consider that top end, more like missing out. Also, I've seen the 2600k stomp on the 980x in some instances.

Yha I ment the 1 slot was missing, not that it was better as it was left off.

I've not seen the 2600k stomp the 980x, but in single threaded apps its a tough desicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom