Sandy bridge reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the cash saved up for a 2600K :thumbsup:
I'm going to wait an see what mobo's oc the best but I'm also concerned with SLI performance.

Yea I've been saying these CPUs will pwn for a while.

My next chip will be a 2500k with the UD4 GB board paired with 465 SLI.

Trotter, if somebody is on 1366 then it's not to wise to upgrade to Intel's Mainstream. Sure, there is a performance boost but the wait for socket 2011 will be for the better and more worth the money. I upgraded to 1156 just last year and I wont regret upgrading to 1155 this time around due to the insane performance increase I'll get compared to going to say an X6 or 930. Anybody who has an 1156 rig can probably sell their stuff for the amount they need to get 1155......least that's what I'm doing..kinda.

For a heads up, as of yesterday, before the new bios fix, only 2% of chips came close to 5.0Ghz. Like 15% hit 4.8Ghz and the rest only did 4.6Ghz.
This is from a huge, like 100 chip sampling. But a new bios fix might have up the numbers abit.

For a heads up, as of yesterday, before the new bios fix, only 2% of chips came close to 5.0Ghz. Like 15% hit 4.8Ghz and the rest only did 4.6Ghz.
This is from a huge, like 100 chip sampling. But a new bios fix might have up the numbers abit.

What were the other variables in the test though? Unless they tested all of those chips using identical setups with a great motherboard (something that may be difficult to identify so early on) as well as good ram, psu, cooler, etc you really can't draw any conclusions from it.

^^

Yha I guess it was a single "person" or whatever that got 100 chips. I think i read Intel also backs this up. Its from this review: Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5-2500K & Core i7-2600K Processors Review - Page 21

Like I also said.... There was a bios bug that limited a bunch of the cpus to lower performance, but its not known how it skews the results.

PP, It is a kick to all who are expecting 5Ghz out of every chip, like they did from q6600.

I think it would be really retarded to expect 5ghz out of these chips considering last gen the standard was 4. 4.6ghz on air would be a really good start.

I seriously doubt I would be able to convince my wife to let me upgrade to one of these anyway seeing as how I just recently dished out a small bundle for my current setup. While I may be able to recoup part of the money it wouldn't be enough to cover the initial expense so she would see it as digging a deeper hole (performance is not a concern of hers). That's what I get for being married to an accountant.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom