Sandy bridge reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love them, 4.6GHz on standard air cooling - and more with good OCing and a good board (only the K-series CPUs, and premium P67 boards).

They are beasts for the price! Too bad they aren't compatible with P55 motherboards :(

That's what is going to tick a lot of enthusiasts off and hurt sales. A LOT of people invested in 1156/1366 systems only to see Intel cut them off by going to a new socket so soon. To upgrade they will have to replace both CPU and motherboard... and in today's economy not many can just do that at the drop of a hat.

With that said, what are the prices going to run on the CPUs and mobos?

That's what is going to tick a lot of enthusiasts off and hurt sales. A LOT of people invested in 1156/1366 systems only to see Intel cut them off by going to a new socket so soon. To upgrade they will have to replace both CPU and motherboard... and in today's economy not many can just do that at the drop of a hat.

With that said, what are the prices going to run on the CPUs and mobos?

I don't think it will matter much. The Sandy Bridge Quads are much faster than anything short of the 980x and overclock like nothing we've ever seen before.

The top of the line Core i7 2600K is $317 however it manages to beat the i7 980x in some cases and isn't far behind in others.

The Core i5-2500K is only $216 and is impossible to beat from a price/performance standpoint.

Well see if a bunch of "new builds" are posted soon or not. I think I see a "new build " in my future- I definitely waited for these to come out and it seems that patients will be rewarded.

I only have a small "doh" for going 950 last month. I paid pretty cheap for my chip board and cooler so... And will get a hex core in the future to replace the 950.

But Still prices did come out nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom