Rosewill RCX-2775 CPU cooler. A diamond in the rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
I am here to tell you guys of a gem cooler that i have seen but really overlooked. It is the Rosewill RCX-2775 CPU cooler for Intel.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX 92mm Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

We all know Rosewill for being cheap but it's not always the best quality becuase their products all use different OEM's right? Well it turns out that they picked up quite a good oem for this cpu heatsink. Actually...it's right here
Akasa AK-965 Intel Core 2 Duo Heatsink Review - FrostyTech.com

It's actually an Akasa AK-965 CPU heatsink with rosewill's own cpu fan throw on. The result? One bad *** cooler for $17 that competes right with the Xigmatek S963 and even my Arctic Freezer Pro 7. If you look at frostytech's review it only trails behind the S963 by .3 degrees while being about 7 bucks cheaper....now thats impressive.

I am going to start recommending this instead of an AF7 or Xigmatek now as long as it stays cheaper than both of them.

There is also a cheaper AMD version just as the AF64
Newegg.com - Rosewill RCX-Z940-LX 92mm Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Re: Rosewill RCX-2775 CPU cooler. A diamond i the rough.

indeed, looks like a great cooler for the money. Nice find.

Ok, coming from the bang for the buck master, I say bye bye AF7 and Xigmatek Rifle

It looks like we have a new top cooler for Dual cores and I wish I had known about this before I bought my Arctic Freezer Pro 7. It's a great vale compared to the 92mm Rifle and Arctic Freezer Pro 7.

How's the thermal paste that comes with it?

Is this just for dual cores? what about quads? 65mm

It's not really new so this is why i didn't put it here but whatever....but anyway yes if you read reviews people say their Q6600 can handle 1.39Vvcore or so and still be around 60 on full load. 1.4Vcore should be enough for 3.0ghz easily possibly 3.2 just as the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and S963 do.

Is this just for dual cores? what about quads? 65mm

its nm (mm is Millimeter, nm is nanometer)

I thought you weren't overclocking your Quad (even after a bunch of failed attempts on forcing you to overclock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom