Razer Project Christine.

the point that you highlighted was referring to mac products, laptops, and the mobile device market. I do understand the basis of it, and I still think I'd buy it just for the novelty of it

The problem that I could see with a modular upgrade, Although it's quite simplified, we all know that pc's change as often as babies change diapers. You get this pc, and find out in less than a year that there's a new mobo required to get an updated chip or memory...like DDR4 (Intel is famous for this) I agree there's a huge looking cool factor with this concept, I personally do not find that it could be practical for more than a couple years. Yes...you could easily replace the main board, memory....even the cpu but is it going to be worth the extra costs for this convenience?

Kind of a nonissue considering mainstream DDR4 won't be around for a few years yet (and DDR3 will be sufficient even further than that). Although, it would be as simple as ordering up the new mobo/CPU/RAM module much like anybody else would upgrade in their PC. Pretty much the same thing.

ALthough I have a feeling this thing if made past being just a concept would probably release after DDR4 was a thing.

that is sad news cuz this could be a game changer if done right. it would be interesting if they made components for regular pc with the sealed liquid like that.
it could come in handy on gpus and harddrives.

i wouldn't pay $700 for a case. is not the case is the water cooled sealed parts that's what attracts me to this project .

Back
Top Bottom