Radeon HD 5870 Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis was mildly entertaining while you were in the jungle...after that it was poo. Warhead I actually bought and played about 1/2way through and got bored. The GFX were good, but the performance loss in comparison with gfx gain was terrible in my opinion. Crysis fails again.

Farcry 2 I played about 30 min and got bored. TBH I was not impressed.

Overall, I have to say their games are disappointing in terms of the hype that they are given. Farcry 1 was really the only one I enjoyed.

Oh, my bad. Still really does not change anything though as almost all the games they made I did not like, and I'm not alone in this.

well i find for most people there titles are very much hate it or love it. there are those who really don't like it but then there are die hard fans that really love the games such as me. warhead is easily my favorite game. where as for other it isn't even in there top 5. but to be back on topic if there was a crysis 2 the next gen of cards seem to be way more then ready.

what bad news did you hear? i mean there is plenty out there about nvidia, but im curious of what your talking about specificly

There was and still is a known issue with the mobile 8 series graphics card dies failing and cracking from high temps.... Hence the reason most won't ship with a 8400 or 8600 anymore... Sad thing though because it was a good budget gpu for a laptop... Then the whole thing with mobo manufactures and AMD/Intel saying they don't want nor care about Nvidia making mobo chipsets for them... Hence the reason Nvidia isn't allowed to produce a chipset for the I7.

I have heard about some desktop GFX chips failing as well as some chipsets. It may be rumor... i don't know.

I have had SEVERAL 3 series chipsets fail on me back in the 754 days... Some after a week with no overclocking, others with a 50% oc on the CPU that ran for a year straight...

I remember hearing that here on the forums, and Maroon1 completely tried to prove that false.. he had no evidence to prove it.. and somebody did post an article that 1 in 500 or something are faulty like that

Dell among others released a BIOS update that tells the fan on the system to kick in at different times, and started to limit the temps of the card with a shutoff feature... But it is proven, Dell and HP both stated that, and they said from the end of that month on, they wont accept orders with 8xxx series GPUS.... There are also a FEW rumors about the 9 series being affected... But I haven't seen anything major about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom