Radeon HD 5870 Specs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Radeon HD 5870 Specs Revealed :: TweakTown

New information suggests that the RV870 chip will become the Radeon HD 5870 and ATI will be bringing it in a higher clocked dual GPU version as well. ATI will add 50% more shaders to the card going from 800 to 1200, will be increasing the number of texture units up for 48, and doubling the ROps up to 32.

Clock speeds have also been listed too. The Radeon HD 5870 will have a 900MHz core clock and the memory will clock in at 1100MHz. To give the Radeon HD 5870 X2 even more of a boost beyond just dual GPU's, ATI will be bumping both the gpu and memory speeds up and extra 50MHz.

Theoretical performance numbers indicate that the cards will be close to double that of the Radeon HD 4870. ATI is going to need every single bit of that to compete with NVIDIA's GT300.

nice! I'm glad i waited. I really do wonder how this will match up to the GT300's new architecture.

F@H is gonna get very interesting with this as well.

heck ya, it wasnt too long ago that there was a thread here about somebody (college kids perhaps?) had a 16gpu double mobo setup based on the 9800x2 for their f@h project.
that rig must of been a grease fire when lite up!

but if all holds tru with these newer cards, 2x gtx 395's will be about equal to those 8x 9800x2's for f@h!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom