PhysX: What Readers Think

Status
Not open for further replies.
It runs crap on everything dude. The pc port was a practical copy paste job. They could have done much better. From what i understand GTA4 pc is practically unplayable.

actually alot of people got huge jumps in fps after the last patch ti think they are 3 patches in it is getting very stable and playable, only problem i have with it was no sli support.

I would prefer games don't use physx, my 8800gs is already the limiting factor in every game I play so the last thing I want is the gpu do more work.

I think we'll continue to see more and more games that support PhysX and hopefully they'll continue to utilize it better.

I know this, I would rather have the choice of using it or not, over no choice at all.

I would prefer games don't use physx, my 8800gs is already the limiting factor in every game I play so the last thing I want is the gpu do more work.

thing is tho your fps will usual go up with physx enabled even with your lowly gpu, i have never seen physx lower fps.

and if it is really lowering your fps which i highly doubt go into the nvidia control panel and disable it. simple solution.

It runs crap on everything dude. The pc port was a practical copy paste job. They could have done much better. From what i understand GTA4 pc is practically unplayable.
Runs fine for me...

It takes load off of the CPU which is a slower processor compared to the processor in a GPU, so its going to raise fps. Even then, you can still disable it in nVidia CP. I'd like to see PhysX in more games; Mirror's Edge and UT3 look awesome with it on.

I'd like to see physics in games progress more.

"Many of the ideas like debris, fog, smoke, contrails, destructable environments and weapons / fighting effects have seen light in other titles only to fall short of the expectation"

If PhysX progresses more, it would effect my decision to want to go with Nvidia.

Runs fine for me...

It takes load off of the CPU which is a slower processor compared to the processor in a GPU, so its going to raise fps. Even then, you can still disable it in nVidia CP. I'd like to see PhysX in more games; Mirror's Edge and UT3 look awesome with it on.

The cpu is not slower than a gpu. it is simply slower at certain things. The gpu is very specialized, physics happen to be one of those things that gpus are better at.

IMO physX is obsolete anyways. OpenCL will support Havok, which is already used to great effect in many games anyways. havok is in every Source based game, Oblivion and Fallout 3, and a lot more. The list of Havok games makes Physx look like a joke. And OpenCl promises to make all of those games gpu physics compatible from the outset. It also works on both ATI and Nvidia cards. When pressed against an open and multiplatform standard like Havok on OpenCL, a proprietary and closed standard like PhysX is doomed to fail.

I for one look forward to when this will be fully implemented. It makes things better for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom