PhysX: What Readers Think

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
The idea of hardware accelerated physics has been around for a long time and PhysX on NVIDIA GPUs has had some time to mature. There are more games coming out with support for hardware PhysX and not all of them have completely sucked. So we want to get a better picture of the impact of PhysX on our readers. Is this a thing that matters to you?

The results are very interesting, considering that most of the people who voted owned Nvidia cards.

AnandTech: PhysX: What Readers Think

EDIT:
Ehh forgot the link heh.

i really dont see how somebody can say they dont want it.

all it does is good things right?

i thought something about it helped increase performance?

or am i just missing something.

ati cards vs nvidia cards in vantage

I mean, its a nice feature, but not many games support it and it seems more or less useless since HAVOK is coming into play

it does in vantage, but that's about it. In games it allows for a few cool physics effects, but the only game that has done it right is mirrors edge, all of the other physx games don't really improve much with physx enabled.

will havok be used with all cards?

ill google it now to read up on it.

mirrors edge and ut3 have been the only physx games i thurougly enjoyed. i would liked to have seen physx in gta4, would have lowerd the load on the cpu, bur gra4 performence on nvidia gpu's is very displeasing. for something that is meant to be played on an nvidia gpu, it has no sli, no physx, and tends to run faster on ati cards. i also have more games with havok then physx. oh i forgot graw it used PhysX well.

It runs crap on everything dude. The pc port was a practical copy paste job. They could have done much better. From what i understand GTA4 pc is practically unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom